Cincy's opponents' schedules are padded by the fact
by 88_92WSND (2021-11-01 07:55:09)

In reply to: Exactly  posted by Chicagond99

that they are playing the likes of SMU, UAB, Morgan State, Murray State, almost exclusively, vs having 1 or 2 tomato cans on the schedule. Beating teams that lose to UT Martin, vs beating teams that lose to a down FSU is not co-equal. At some point, the breadth of talent does matter.

Nit: SMU is one of the tougher G5 teams
by tf86  (2021-11-01 08:57:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still hanging out around the bottom of the Top 25.

Cincinnati could have as many as four wins against teams with < 4 losses: Houston (likely opponent in the AAC championship game), ND, SMU and UCF (the most questionable one in this group, UCF is already at 3 losses but should be favored in at least every remaining game except SMU). That doesn't necessarily mean that they have a tough schedule, however.

Also
by Chicagond99  (2021-11-01 09:26:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beating teams that lose to 1-3 AAC teams sitting in 2nd to last in their conference (i.e. Miss State losing to Memphis this year) seems to still carry weight.

Anyway, 100% agree that Cincy's schedule isn't as tough as most Power 5 ones. But I am just pointing out that the initial "how many 3 loss or less teams you beat" view is flawed, especially when he's including wins over Group of 5 teams with 3 or less losses in the calculation (i.e. 2019 OSU had 2 of those).