Surround sound stadium noise only...band, crowd..stats *
by Irishdog80 (2022-05-16 01:07:57)

In reply to: honest to God, just turn the TV down  posted by jt

This user did not provide content for this post

That was the feed I watched for the championship game.
by tdiddy07  (2022-05-16 12:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There were formally announcers that provided essential game updates. But those were kept to a minimal. I would choose that setup every time.

I'd consider paying money for something like that *
by El Kabong  (2022-05-16 12:21:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They've had something similar during the ESPN "megacast"
by ndgenius  (2022-05-16 12:59:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of the National Championship game I believe. I remember tuning in and thinking it was boring. I don't make a big deal about announcers because I don't think they add much but the game felt naked without it unfortunately.

There was a Dolphins / Jets game like this in 1980
by catripledomer  (2022-05-16 15:49:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While the ratings were marginally better, the telecast was considered a failure. However, with today's technology and number of cameras I would think this could be a bit hit.

In a 5.1 setup, just disconnect the center channel. Voila! *
by PWK2  (2022-05-16 12:50:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post