Do you feel the same way about all other positions? *
by MrE (2022-12-02 14:11:13)

In reply to: We shouldn’t assume the remaining qbs dont feel slighted  posted by Nathan

This user did not provide content for this post

Not if it’s a position with rotation
by Nathan  (2022-12-02 14:18:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think you can see the difference between vyper, where we need 3 guys every game l, and qb. The other times we recruited transfers were when we literally didn’t have enough players at the position, and/or a starter was leaving.

Do you know of a time when a team brought in a transfer qb to replace a starter when there was not a coaching change?

I think Freeman is the head coach and did not recruit anyone
by MrE  (2022-12-02 14:40:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

other than Minchey.

He delegated decision-making on QBs and thus, accountability for this year's QB performance to Rees, who chose Buchner as his starter, likely with agreement from Freeman.

Freeman has made his assessment and feels the QB group needs strengthening from outside, similar to how other positional players are made to feel about being buried on the depth chart when Joseph, Grupe, Skowronek et al are brought in.

I'm not saying it's a great thing, but it is - and will continue to be - SOP at ND.