Pyne was the starter by default.
by cujays96 (2022-12-02 14:23:53)

In reply to: We shouldn’t assume the remaining qbs dont feel slighted  posted by Nathan

He did not win the job.

My bigger point was that the other qbs likely feel the same *
by Nathan  (2022-12-02 14:37:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and maybe that's a positive, in terms of competitive sports. *
by MrE  (2022-12-02 14:43:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes and no
by Nathan  (2022-12-02 15:10:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the portal era, it’s easy to just leave. What we’ll be getting is probably someone who is doing just that. And the risk is that we go into 2024 with no experienced qb. I’m curious how many more wins someone like Card gets us. I don’t see us competing for a title next ‘em year regardless.

Removing low performers is a necessity for leaders.
by MrE  (2022-12-02 15:33:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I’m assuming Freeman laid out the plan to bring in a starter to Pyne and did not just push Pyne out the door.

It would be malpractice on Freeman's part to assess the QB situation for 2023 and not make a move in free agency. Even if ND isn’t a championship-caliber team in 2023, the head coach needs to achieve the best results possible within reason and ethics.