cutting AK would be a foolish mistake
by jt (2023-03-22 11:37:53)

In reply to: Practice report note from today (Irish Illustrated)  posted by MrE

all the homer recruitniks whine that we can't get big kids in the middle who can move, and then we get one and they're all ready to move onto the next guy as soon as the kid encounters some difficulty.

At a minimum, if he can't contribute on the DL (which I don't think is the case, but whatever), take a look at him at OL; he was outstanding at guard at Mullen.

Your fellow 49er agrees; IMO, AK will be a star.... *
by Irish2003  (2023-03-23 00:46:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed. The whiff on transfer Fiske appears to have
by MrE  (2023-03-22 12:53:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kept AK on the “safe” side for now.

Too bad about the other 5-8 kids though

well, it is too bad for those guys
by jt  (2023-03-22 12:55:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but everyone is doing it now, so Notre Dame really has no choice but to follow.

Freeman discussed the DL today after practice
by MrE  (2023-03-22 21:33:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the defensive linemen improving and becoming vocal leaders

“Coach Wash has done a great job with that group. We’ve got some vocal leaders. Nana Osafo-Mensah is a vocal leader. He raises the energy and performance of those around him. Riley Mills is more vocal. Howard Cross doesn’t speak a lot but he’s more vocal. You don’t replace Isaiah Foskey or the Ademilola twins, but you have to replace their production. It’s not by one person, but throughout the top two or 2.5 units, you have to replace that production. l’m excited for the development of that room. I’m excited about Javontae Jean-Baptiste and the young guys. I think of Aiden Gobaira and Jason Onye and Tyson Ford and Gabe Rubio and all those guys, Donovan Hinish. You have to find at some point the emergence. You will use probably eight guys for sure, maybe 10, so it’ll be exciting to see the emergence of those guys. Something cool I saw with the defensive guys, every day they will announce starters for practice and give guys different roles. I’m excited to see the development of that group specifically.”

So the hypothetical cut that caused much wailing
by airborneirish  (2023-03-22 12:29:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And gnashing of teeth and bad name calling didn’t happen. Weird.

hasn't happened yet *
by jt  (2023-03-22 12:50:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So you’re saying one random Twitter post
by dulac89  (2023-03-22 12:33:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From some random blogger with no inside information, doesn’t deserve two entire threads wailing about the end of Notre Dame football

you are certainly entitled to your opinion
by jt  (2023-03-22 15:34:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as we all are.

With that said, you might want to recognize that I might be a little closer to this particular situation than you are.

Of course, you certainly don't have to do that either. Free will is a great thing.