obviously we wish him the very best...
by DavidAddison (2023-03-22 17:27:19)

In reply to: Schweitzer posted on twitter that he has a heart condition.  posted by irishaddict

but I'll point out how fortunate he is to get a free ND education. I mean if this had been diagnosed 18 months earlier, he'd be on his own, wherever. Best wishes for good health though!!

he said he had a medical event in Sept
by vivaflanner  (2023-03-23 00:05:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect. So in this case, appears he really is medically retiring.

PFO- Calling Dr. Cash
by RJD  (2023-03-23 10:04:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Patent foramen ovale (PFO) is a hole between the left and right atria (upper chambers) of the heart. This hole exists in everyone before birth, but most often closes shortly after being born."

Without knowing the full extent of Will's issue, I am familiar with PFOs (family member). Isn't this very fixable with a Amplatzer Septal Occluder which is inserted through the groin into the heart? It's like a little alloy cocktail umbrella that closes up the hole. Of course, it may depend on the size of the hole for this to work.

Back on the street within weeks after some time on blood thinners...Rick

Are you saying Schweitzer’s injury may not be serious? *
by MrE  (2023-03-23 10:37:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pretty much based on our experience
by RJD  (2023-03-23 14:23:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course I don't know all the facts regarding Will's case but the procedure to close the hole has been done for years with great success.

Note: a PFO is not an injury.

We all have a hole in the heart at birth but for 25% of the population, the hole doesn't completely close. The operation closes the hole...Rick

interesting... *
by MrE  (2023-03-23 15:36:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not the first Schweitzer to demonstrate Reverence for Life (link)
by Moff  (2023-03-23 03:31:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post