This lack of Jack seems rather pleasant. *
by Porpoiseboy (2024-04-18 09:46:34)

This user did not provide content for this post

Little known fact. Swarbrick wasn’t always their last name
by OldIrishFan  (2024-04-18 16:26:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They changed it from Knauf when they came to this country.

Think it was Hass…that shoe fits… *
by MBOIrish  (2024-04-18 20:30:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Take your hat and jacket off. *
by FishNMash  (2024-04-18 14:01:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I miss him
by drmurray  (2024-04-18 11:17:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but my aim is getting better

How did ND get into the habit of hiring
by DrunkenIrishPoet  (2024-04-18 13:44:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

such mediocre people for key positions like AD and even President (I am not referring to our current AD)? Didn't this kind of start around the second half of Lou's tenure?

I knew a man who was a prominent alumni at ND and he attended ND in the early 1960s. He said that on the night before his first day at ND as a freshman, his older brothers came down from Chicago and took him out to a bar in South Bend and they got drunk, and he was under age. Somehow, and this seems incredible today, someone from the administration saw him at the bar and they actually moved to expel him from the university on the grounds of drinking underage and public intoxication. It boggles the mind that someone could be so petty. He was absolutely horrified and it looked like his life was more or less over as his expulsion was close to being finalized. Then President Hesburgh intervened and stopped the expulsion, took him aside and said "young man, stay out of the bars until you are old enough to drink." And that was the end of the matter. He was eternally grateful to Hesburgh who obviously saw the entire incident as ridiculous. This man went on to get two ND degrees and wound up on the Board of Trustees.

We don't seem to have too many Hesburgh's or Moose Krause's around anymore and it shows. The lack of good leadership in the last few decades has been devastating.

You guys sound like a bunch of "get off of my lawn" old men *
by MCBall409 (click here to email the poster)  (2024-04-20 09:15:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So sadly true. *
by Grace91  (2024-04-18 18:16:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't know Willy was on the BoT *
by Jvan  (2024-04-18 17:36:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Outstanding post. Well done!!! *
by Frank Drebin  (2024-04-18 15:38:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The lack of good leadership exists in all walks of life
by Endthecursein05  (2024-04-18 14:36:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am not agreeing or disagreeing that ND leadership is bad, I am just suggesting that they are not unique in that regard.
Good to see Father Hesburgh step in and do the right thing at the time, he seemed to be rather good at that quality.

This is a must read post. And 100% right on *
by drmurray  (2024-04-18 14:30:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your Jack is off
by Enginerd194  (2024-04-18 13:17:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

target?

I miss him, too.
by ArasEra  (2024-04-18 12:06:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like a toothache.

You don’t know Jack *
by Stonebreaker9  (2024-04-18 09:53:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You don’t know Jack Shit *
by Frank Drebin  (2024-04-18 10:35:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You don't know shit, Jack *
by Irishbuzz  (2024-04-18 10:42:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

off *
by RJD  (2024-04-18 12:20:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and don't forget Stripes:
by ndlp  (2024-04-20 10:46:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post