This seems suspect.
by tdiddy07 (2024-04-19 09:17:26)

In reply to: Based on what they are feeding the regular students, I don't  posted by NDVermin95

I can’t speak to all the offerings, but I know there was ample fresh fruit options when we took the kids to the dining hall last fall. And I would highly doubt there are fewer fruit options than there were when I was a student.

Certainly making food for such large numbers has its challenges, and there are likely still more options that are carb-heavy or fried. And an athletics program policing choices is another challenge when there are options with varying nutritional value. But it’s not hard to get salad with grilled chicken and hard-boiled eggs if we’re just talking about access to nutritional food.

Fruit Loops are a kind of fruit *
by Father Nieuwland  (2024-04-19 15:55:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So are tomatoes. Try mixing them with Fruit Loops
by SWPaDem  (2024-04-20 04:10:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for an Epicurean delight!

"Hey, how 'bout a nice Hawaiian Punch?!"
by Shifty  (2024-04-19 16:00:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I must admit that when I was a kid I LOVED this stuff. I would bet my Mom to buy it. Although she was no health nut, she rarely would. I remember the big cans of it, and you'd punch out a triangle-shaped hole on each side and it would come glug-glug-gluging out. So delicious. And, as the commercial makes clear, loaded with good for you fruit, too.

Well not sure when you were there visiting or dropping off
by NDVermin95  (2024-04-19 10:19:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the kids but we've heard plenty of jokes about how the menus are far more favorable when there are lots of parents anticipated to be in town (Admitted students weekends, etc). My kid isn't super picky so honestly I've been surprised about the complaints regarding food. I didn't have any complaints back in the 90s!