2024 is the year to make the leap nationally…
by wiNDycityfan (2024-04-21 11:12:08)
Edited on 2024-04-21 11:13:18

Too early to make big pronouncements, but there isn’t a single game on the schedule, for a team with our returning talent, and given our opponents’ outlook, where we go in as clear underdogs. Am I wrong?

@A&M will be the toughest for sure, but they’re coming off a lot of changes and defections. They still have enough talent to match ours, and Elko can coach, but those are big changes nonetheless. Coming out of College Station with a win, then there’s Northern Illinois, @Purdue, Miami (OH), Louisville, Stanford, Georgia Tech (@ MBS), Navy (shouldn’t matter where it is), Florida State, Virginia and Army (shouldn’t matter where it is).

Florida State has lost a lot too, yet it’s at ND Stadium. Then we close out @Southern Cal without Caleb Williams (it didn’t matter last year).

This would be Freeman’s third year. Everything is aligned to make that jump. How would that translate to in the playoffs is a different animal, but regular season-wise, there shouldn’t be major limitations as in the past few years (I.e., going on the road to Columbus, or Athens, or Death Valley- that seems to be an issue for us).

Am I reading this right?

Replies: