We're not better than A&M.
by austindomer (2024-04-22 00:06:02)

In reply to: It’s a terrible schedule and we should go undefeated.  posted by Freight Train

At best, our two programs are at parity with each other.

I know they've underperformed the last few years but A&M has the talent and the coaching to kick our ass. And don't think they haven't had this game circled on the calendar for YEARS. There are a lot of Catholics at A&M and they would like nothing more than to watch their team stomp us into the turf.

We're even with A&M. But Freeman has not proven he can beat
by 84david  (2024-04-23 10:13:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a really good team in a true road game.

We have 3 true road games this year. A&M, USC and Purdue. My guess is we will win one or two.

Hard to figure how good they are
by Wass  (2024-04-22 12:33:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They have had a massive turnover in their roster. They've brought a bunch of very good transfers in, but have lost some serious talent. How they gel together...no one will know until they play. I think OL is the hardest group to mold into a unit. Just look at CU. Sanders got rid of his entire starting OL from last season (sort of, since they had a ton of injuries) with many of them being transfers. They were awful as a unit.

Sanders got rid of some good players
by jt  (2024-04-22 15:23:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he got rid of OL to open up spots for skill position guys, but then he was way short on OL. One of the guys he got rid of went and started the entire year for FSU, another for UCLA, and another for Purdue. Those were serious errors in evaluation.

Their massive turnover continues, with about 20 kids recently hitting the portal and a number of current transfers on the way in. It's just awful for the game.

Sadly, I agree. *
by rgvirish  (2024-04-22 11:26:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post