Doesn't that kind of make his point?
by El Kabong (2018-05-22 12:39:12)

In reply to: How many games a year do Houston and Arizona...  posted by BIGSKYND

People like to watch games in comfort.

Just because hockey is played on ice doesn't mean the people watching it have to be freezing.

And on your overall point
by DakotaDomer  (2018-05-22 20:45:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If comfort was that important to a fan they are welcome to watch the games from their La-Cy-boy

Or if they’re rich they can sit in luxury seats in the press box, you know, with the REAL fans

The players are out there killing themselves for your amusement. Maybe you should take your complaints about how uncomfortable you are to this guy.

Fine
by El Kabong  (2018-05-23 12:34:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So let's revisit the original point of the thread:

More casual fans tend not to go to outdoor games.
Students tend to be more than casual fans.
This game is scheduled during semester break, when students will be away.
The number of more-than-casual fans probably will be less as a result.
Will there be enough non-student more-than-casual fans to prevent a large pro-Michigan crowd from showing up?

If your original response was just a more polite variation on "true hockey fans watch games outside if you're not you're a pussy RAAAWWWRRR", maybe you should have said it that way instead because then I wouldn't have bothered.

Why are you simply ignoring January 1?...
by BIGSKYND  (2018-05-24 09:05:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the stadium will have a rink. Why not use it for more than one event?

I'm not
by El Kabong  (2018-05-24 18:01:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm saying if I'm going to South Bend to watch ND play hockey, the novelty of watching it in the Stadium is limited. The novelty of watching the Hawks is much greater, which is why I'm going to that game.

If they want to use it for more than one event, fine, but I'm not sure there'll be enough more-than-casual fans to watch an ND game in those circumstances.

See you on Jan. 1 - hopefully Vinnie and Anders B..
by BIGSKYND  (2018-05-25 09:00:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

suit up.

Well this is completely wrong
by DakotaDomer  (2018-05-24 08:17:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Casual fans show up for these event hockey games.

Will we fill the stadium? I highly doubt it. But we’re not going to lose the casual fan because of the cold. We’ll still have more attendance than a typical hockey game.

The game will absolutely include a ton of Michigan fans but not enough that either fan base is going to be heard with 10k each in an 80k seat football stadium

I’m sorry I called Kayo’s temparture complaint stupid. I hope I didn’t hurt his feelings.

No, it contradicts kayo’s second incorrect point *
by DakotaDomer  (2018-05-22 20:40:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post