I don’t get the animosity toward Anson Carter.
by GoonSquad (2019-03-02 13:52:57)

In reply to: Should Ped State U get called for too many men ...  posted by BIGSKYND

In general, I think NBC Sports knows where its bread gets buttered. The Big Ten Network, on the other hand...

I'm just not a fan on either ND or NHL ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-02 14:15:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he tends to "adopt" teams in given contexts. On NBC telecasts I've always thought he tries a little too hard to steer away from looking like an ND homer. He did go to East Lansing ...

Generally I don't mind Carter
by wearendhockey  (2019-03-02 14:02:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but last night he couldn't have been more wrong about the late hit to the head call. It was as if he didn't want to come off as favoring one side and since he earlier had questioned the reversal of the goal, he was trying too hard to even it out. He sounded stupid and uninformed as a result. The penalty call was clearly correct.

OK, I can understand that. *
by GoonSquad  (2019-03-02 20:38:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's my basic issue with him - and it's on NHL ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-03-02 14:16:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

telecasts as well.