Any scouting on Wisconsin? *
by BIGSKYND (2019-11-13 08:47:13)

This user did not provide content for this post

Their coach has the weirdest resume in NCAA and they suck
by DakotaDomer  (2019-11-13 10:53:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Likely because he sucks and has been fortuitiously given opportunity after opportunity to not suck

He has failed the difficult task of not sucking at least 50% of the time

They swept Duluth (no idea how, I assume Sandlin was playing his B-squad) and they've been overranked ever since. They're 18 in RPI but 12 in rankings.

I know he got Caulfield to sign up ....
by BIGSKYND  (2019-11-13 10:57:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Turcotte. That's a couple of blue chip F.

I don't think he's ever lacked talent
by DakotaDomer  (2019-11-13 11:03:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He lacks the ability to coach talent.

In '03-'04
by ugoirish  (2019-11-14 12:04:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he was hired to coach a roster that included Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya, Rob Blake, Milan Hejduk, Alex Tanguay and Adam Foote. He proceeded to snap the Avs' North American Major League sports record of 9 straight division championships and couldn't get out of the second round of the playoffs against a recent expansion team.

That's five Hall of Famers for those keeping track at home, mostly still in their prime. And although a lot of those guys had injury problems during the season the team was basically healthy and all those guys were ready to go for the playoffs. It was the first year without Roy but David Aebischer played very well with a .924 SV% and 2.09 GAA. He is a shit awful hockey coach and has always looked like he's as dumb as a post. The Avs fired him after one season and hired Quenneville then fired Quenneville and brought him back for one more shitty season after being Q's assistant for 3 years.

Sorry for the rant but that guy left an impression. If you want a good laugh watch the first few minutes of the video linked below to see a man completely out of his element.

I love Tony's comments in this video [v]
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-11-14 20:13:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Self-awareness is probably not Tony's thing. Although he's a Chicago guy, I wasn't much of a fan of his. When he hit Neil, I flipped a hate switch and have never turned it off.

I think that's a little strong ....
by BIGSKYND  (2019-11-14 18:05:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

IIRC they hired him the year before when Hartley got off to a crap start and he righted the ship. The next year they didn't exactly just blow up and got to the second round. When they brought him back a few years later the team was a bit of a compost heap, with the legendary Peter Budaj in goal (again IIRC). Note: I'm not advocating that Granato's any kind of coaching genius. I also think NHL and college hockey are two different planets.

Not disagreeing but Berenson won some too ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-11-13 11:55:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I never saw Red as a w-board guy.

My expert and detailed analysis of "they suck"
by DakotaDomer  (2019-11-13 12:59:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is based on the fact that without the UMD weekend they're probably 32 in RPI right now

Last year they were...
26 in PWR
Year before they were...
2nd to last in B1G

Year before they didn't make the tournament and Granato won coach of the year for finishing 2nd in that shitty conference

He sucks, they suck