I think the fact we are changing ADs this month works in his
by G.K.Chesterton (2024-03-10 23:29:43)

In reply to: Jeff Jackson's future with Notre Dame.  posted by wearendhockey

favor and he will be around another year. I can't imagine Bevacqua comes in and fires him *unless* Bevacqua had been building a list of replacements while in the on-deck circle.

Tom Nevala is going to do all the legwork on a coach search
by Boston Domer  (2024-03-11 01:09:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Swarbrick probably has lists for who to hire if Freeman or Shrewsberry were win the power ball lottery and suddenly retire, but he’s definitely not keeping a running list for all the Olympic sports. Obviously the incoming AD will conduct an interview and be the ultimate decision maker, but hockey is a sport that gets delegated.

Swarbrick has lists…what a howler! *
by GoonSquad  (2024-03-11 22:43:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is Nevala still with Notre Dame. I have not seen his name
by wearendhockey  (2024-03-11 10:57:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

come up anywhere regarding hockey in years.

According to what appears to be his LinkedIn profile
by Boston Domer  (2024-03-11 14:41:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nevala left the school at the beginning of the 2021-22 academic year. I completely missed that bit of news. wow. Quickly looking at the ND athletics staff directory, I have no idea who is currently overseeing the hockey program.

Nevala got the Heisler treatment from Swarbrick *
by El Kabong  (2024-03-12 18:17:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post