The timeline is the most egregious thing.
by bleedsgreen04 (2013-01-11 16:42:04)

In reply to: No, we're not done  posted by El Kabong

He had to have made up his mind about the trip, or even paid for most of these expenses for the whole thing before soliciting funds for the dog. Now he's trying to make it seem like this was a snap judgement and he decided to go after the dog bit was done.

He was down there before Monday
by Brandon  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His Twitter shows pictures from the Sun Life Stadium Tour on 1/6. So much for staying at Mom's house.

Yeah, we went there on Sunday and Monday. I said that. *
by Winter Celtic  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't forget Saturday... *
by PHIL_94  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Saturday
by Winter Celtic  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We spent the day Saturday with my mother in Orlando. Then we drove to West Palm to have dinner with her friends, because I was intending to drive the kid down to the pep rally that night.

I'm assuming she paid
by Starburns  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because hey -- all you paid for all weekend was gas and a program!

I'm now confused about the five days in Orlando
by Starburns  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did he drive 3.5 hours each way every single one of those days? Or just take a vacation in FL for the weekend?

5 days?

We drove down to Orlando Friday, spent the day with Mom Saturday and made the trip down to Miami (2.5 hrs each way) Sunday and Monday (yes, I drove straight back after the game... though admittedly left after the 3rd).

You left after the 3rd, or stayed to the end as per twitter?
by mintirish  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Carl Cunningham ‏@carlcunningham
Screw it, I'm staying til the bitter end. #irishpride

We left just as the 4th got underway

I think we missed 2 scores (one by each team). But at that point it was better to beat the crowd and get on the road.

No way I'd have left if the game was in doubt, though.

Saw that too
by Brandon  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Posted at 8:09 PM though, so perhaps that was a thought after Bama's first touchdown?

According to his twitter account

He's hinting around about VIP tickets for the spring game.

You have a pic on facebook Jan 5th near Greenacre FL
by PHIL_94  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that is closer to Miami.. And the 5th was Saturday

Yeah, we were trying to head to the pep rally *

Also a twitpic in Sun Life locker room from on 1/6 *

Interesting that you'd cull my Twitter but leave these out:

Upon being offered the tickets:

"There are truly some amazing people in this world, despite the negativity that gets most of the attention. Wow."

"And thanks to the generosity of a couple of amazing people my son Donovan and I are going to the #DiscoverBCS National Championship game!! "

Even if you got the tickets for free

You still had to have incurred more expenses than the $2-300 you claim with all that supposed driving back and forth from Orlando to Orlando. Gas alone! Not to mention parking on South Beach (at the Pep Rally, not free) road tolls, your son's souvenir, food/drink. I'm sure there was more than that. Need I go on?

You begged others for money while spending at least several hundred on your own recreation and entertainment. It doesn't matter if you funded a lavish trip or only spent a few hundred. Asking for donations was a shady move, though I'm not surprised it's lost on you.

It's no use
by coachslacker  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not checking your tweets and I don't have Facebook, but there's a hoard of internet tough-guy Magnum PIs.

If that second tweet is real, it goes a long way in your favor.

Either that
by dentonfreeman  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or he's a sociopath who knew people might look into his story.

If I was going to con people out of money in order to attend the game I would have done the same thing.

Yes, that's one theory
by coachslacker  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But now the internet Sherlock Holmes's are pulling things out their asses, instead of Winter Celtic.

It'd be easy enough to verify if he'd send someone
by dentonfreeman  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The information they would need to verify his story. There are people here friends with him on facebook. A phone call to the security company and a quick ten second conversation with the guy who gave him the tickets would clear a lot of this up.

Of course I'd still be pissed if I gave him money for the dog. That $200-300 he spent on the trip could've easily gone to the dog's fund, and there's no excuse for not being upfront with people in the first place.

I had separated the two

Once again, Mea Culpa on bringing the Rocky thing to NDN at all. I posted it here once and that was that, but I now fully acknowledge that was once too many.

I didn't bring up the Florida trip because I viewed it as a separate issue. I already put aside over 2k of my own cash for Rocky, and that went untouched... as did every other penny donated (all of which is being held by Paypal anyway).

But, yes, I understand the moral conflict many see here. And I'm sorry.

Maybe this is why you have financial problems
by IrishinSF  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You say you didn't spend any of the money donated to your dog's surgery because you put all of the expenses of the trip on plastic. Obviously money is scarce for you - so what money are you going to use to pay the credit card bills?

His FB and Twitter are both public

And easily findable from his Dog Sob story fundraiser page.

Has he explained why.......
by Ty Webb  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the tickets around his neck in the one picture appear to be regular tickets and not event staff passes like he claims?

Because wasn't the original story that he got into the game via the security team?

They were regular tickets, not event passes

I'm not even sure if they had "event passes" for this game. But, yes, he had 2 regular tickets. Nothing special. They looked just like all the others.

No. There were definitely "event passes" for this game
by xChicagoIrish  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and people working the game received these credentials to get in. I know people who were there the whole week preparing for and working the game and even they had to scrape and beg just to get these passes.

Until the pics were found - then it was "access and tickets" *

Right - if the ticket story pans out

you move the football on what to be outraged about. And, by you, I mean everyone.

It's real *

And just nine days before that tweet, this one

@carlcunningham: @orangebowl I'm attending BCS National Championship Game Sun Life Stadium Tour #OrangeBowl #DiscoverBCS #BCShchamps @FightingIrish

Yeah. We new we were good for the tour at least *

And five days before that, the game!

@carlcunningham: @FightingIrish I'll be going to the #orangebowl for the #DiscoverBCS Bring back the crystal football! #GoIrish http://t.co/15ORdRwL

12/23/12, 1:26 AM

That doesn't mean the game itself, you know. A lot of people

went down regardless of having tickets or not. And I was one of them.

Yeah, it really looks like it here

Were you down in Miami from Orlando for the first, second or third time at the point of this tweet?

"And thanks to the generosity of a couple of amazing people my son Donovan and I are going to the #DiscoverBCS National Championship game!!"

2:12 PM - 5 Jan 13

I wasn't in Miami when I tweeted that

I specifically remember, because I had just gotten the phone call while in Orlando.

That's the point

You knew you were going to the game before being there the day of the game, which conflicts with your previous claim that you and your son had simply planned to be there for game day to just enjoy the atmosphere (like a lot of other fans).

Of course you were.

"Hey son! Wanna hang out in a parking lot for your birthday?!"

Thousands of people did that very thing

And I would have happily been among them.

Nice edit

That removed where you said the plan was for you and your son to go down sans tickets.

Now it's "you would happily would have". Had you not scored them ahead of time.

If I were you
by IrishCavan  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd quit now. You are digging yourself deeper and deeper...better to admit you fucked up, be contrite, and move on. You aren't doing yourself any favors right now. My 2 cents..FWIW.

Yep

And their twitter and Facebook accounts said as much. Yet somehow you never mentioned a single time that you were heading down hoping to score tickets. For free no less.

That's because he knew he had them already by 1/5 *

It would also appear

That he knew he had them already by 12/16 when he posted this:

@carlcunningham: @B_Jax2 @sapphire2momma Awesome! My son's bday is also on 1/7. He'll be 10 and we'll be at the game in Miami to celebrate! GO IRISH!

I'm sure that by "at the game" he meant "in Miami unless some generous soul gives us free tickets!"

Obviously

We all know 10 year olds enjoy parking lot hangouts for their birthday gifts just as much as the games themselves!

In his defense

I told my friends my brothers were "at the game" on Monday and they did not originally have tickets to the game. They ended up scalping two tickets and attending that day, but I would definitely differentiate between someone saying they were "at the game" and someone saying they "attended the game".

The "gotcha" in this thread is

oh-so-believable.

Yeah

And while I think WC is guilty of something, I don't know if he's guilty of conning people out of their money so be could attend the game on Monday. I think his reluctance to divulge personal details about his weekend is interesting given his public Facebook and twitter accounts, both of which contain his full name.

I do love playing Internet detective though.

Oh I don't think that either

I think he's in a precarious financial situation but wanted to go to the game. Instead of making the hard choice between his dog's surgery and the travel expenses he solicited money on the Internet for the dog and is now here pretending he was the recipient of a ridiculous amount of charity instead of just admitting he spent what money he had on the game and got a bunch of other people to pay for the dog.

Honest question......
by Ty Webb  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you trying to defend WinterCeltic?

No, but

I'm trying to point out that seventy-zillion posts parsing something he wrote on the internet, while getting attacked from dozens of people, are too many. These posts would be the ones about where he was (4 miles south of WPB), or how he manages his finances, or what the term "access" means.

If my responses cause a poster to think twice before attacking or maybe consider that WC is not a con man, then I guess I am defending him. But, it's against he posts 11-200 in this thread, not posts 1-10.

I agree that it is a bit excessive.
by IrishCavan  (2013-01-11 16:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's why I advised him to cut bait and stop defending himself. It was just getting uglier.

Is BoardOps is managing this discussion?

I don't think that's necessary.

It's not something I'm passionate about, though.

So you were in Orlando Friday to Tuesday.

That's five days.

Why drive to Miami twice if you just used the access/tickets you obtained through the generosity of ELITE security to go to the game and did nothing else?

Because staying in Orlando costs me nothing, that's why *