Most likely we will see a pre and post 1/1/24 split
by btd (2023-05-17 16:02:04)

In reply to: …and what must improve for them in the coming one. (Part II)  posted by BabaGhanouj

We will improve, but I expect it to be heavily skewed and possibly the average might not be much better. Why?

1) There really have only been 2 freshman since MM started at ND that have hit the ground instantly running that I can recall: Sky and Jewel. All otehrs had a 10+ game ramp-up period at minimum. Thus, Emma most likely will take 10 or more games to start shooting closer to her potential percentage as she transitions to college game speed

2) Miles is going to be out probably the first 10 games and ramping up for 10 more. Meaning we really will only have the full Miles the final 10 regular season games and Hannah + Miles for 20/30 games

3) Hannah will likely be the PG for the first 10-15 games. She has a shot of being the next like Sky and Jewell for ND -- but the odds are more that she will struggle some / at minimum not be as good as Miles would have been, so the NI drive and dish offense will struggle until HH or OM are in there at full tilt (along with Citron not being forced to plug part of that hole)

I suspect the back half of the season to blow away the first half in terms of what our offense looks like because OM, SC and HH will all be on the floor at the same time or 2/3 will be at all times -- plus all the other stars we have. That will be the first time in the NI era where our motionless offense will still be highly effective because we have elite shooters, tall forwards that can't be ignored inside, and 2-3 players capable of driving past anyone (which is 1 more than even elite teams typically have the bodies to consistently stop).

Replies: