So, Who Did the ND Coaches See This Past Weekend?
by dillon77 (2023-05-22 10:54:00)
Edited on 2023-05-22 10:58:17

Three of these events - in Birmingham, Dallas and Iowa -- were part of the nike girls eybl tour. There is a -- which was brought to my attention by poweri (see his link in an earlier thread) -- not only has links to these events (session II), but upcoming events as well. It lists top performers and standings.

Based on that:

- Birmingham. The key attraction there was 2024 6'4" center Kate Koval who plays for Exodus. While the club only went 1-2, Koval averaged 16.4 ppg, 8.0 rpg and 1.8 blocks per game. No surprise post coach Carol Owens and recruiting director Michaela Mabrey were there.

- Iowa. Coach Owens was here, too, and the attraction was 2025 forward Leah Macy, who is 6'2". Macy had a solid tournament, scoring 15.2 ppg and grabbing 6.4 rebounds per game. These were both in the Top 5 performers.

- Meanwhile, in Dallas, Charel Allen took in the Philly Rise going 3-0, led by shooting guard Mikayla Blakes, who averaged 14.8 ppg and 2.0 steals per game. Kennedy Umeh also plays for the Rise and she grabbed 5.8 rpg.

- Niele and Mike also went to an event in Georgia and, best I can tell, 2024 forward Sarah Strong was at that event.

- No one went to The Classic in Louisville this year, but I can report that 2025 shooting guard Daniya Prawl as cited as being a standout performer.

There could be others consideration and I'm sure younger players caught various coaches' eyes, but wanted to do a cross-section between people on our recruiting report and those who were playing.

Replies: