Once in the portal, does anyone know how long
by MackDaddy82 (2024-04-15 13:34:19)

a player can be in the portal and still be able to transfer ? Is there some sort of deadline ? I would think that these decisions would be made before this semester ends.

There is no "match date" deadline.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2024-04-15 14:17:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is a last day you can enter the Portal, but there is not a last date to commit somewhere.

May 1st is the "Notification of Transfer Deadline"
by GriffinGold16  (2024-04-15 13:46:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I edited this post - it IS called the "notification of transfer" deadline but that only refers to your entry into the portal. You do not have to have "landed" by then.

I don’t think you have stated that correctly; at least how I
by hometown fan  (2024-04-15 14:00:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interpret your response. Fall and winter sport athletes must enter portal by May 1. It does not mean they must have picked their new team by May 1

It seems you're right
by GriffinGold16  (2024-04-15 14:22:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was misinterpreting what I was reading. "Notification of transfer" only indicates a notification to your current school of the intention to transfer. Thanks for the correction, I'll update my other post so as not to misinform.

I agree that they would want to make decisions
by jjcj10  (2024-04-15 13:42:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

before the end of the semester so they can join their new team for the summer practices