I'm thinking Natalija might go some place like Fordham.
by Cavanaugh82 (2024-04-19 09:27:19)

In reply to: Anyone?: What are chances Nat or KK return?  posted by Irishwest

A reverse Anna DeWolfe. In NYC, close to family and friends, good school, could be a major player and still face some high level competition on occasion. No idea what kind of graduate school programs that they offer.

At One Point I Was Also Thinking Marquette, Because...
by dillon77  (2024-04-19 10:47:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe her parents have moved back to Milwaukee. Also, I thought that Niele could pick up the phone to Megan Duffy and give a good report. But, Duffy takes the job at Va. Tech, and most of her best Golden Eagles are in the portal; including Liz Karlen who, ironically, is talking about filling a role that Nat had.

Still, I can see her going to fine schools like Fordham, Marquette, Georgetown (sense a pattern here...).

One other thought - she follows Shea Ralph
by Raoul  (2024-04-19 10:56:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and follows Vanderbilt as a school (on LinkedIn). Hmmm. Maybe a sibling go there?

Would love to see her at Marquette. They have Skyler Forbes already who is more of a banger. That would be an interesting twosome as she could concentrate more on offense and blocking shots and Forbes do more of the dirty work on rebounding.

I could see NYC or if her parents are not there, then
by Raoul  (2024-04-19 10:05:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

maybe where her parents are.

Maybe she wants one more shot at big time development (and WNBA/Europe) or maybe she wants to be closer to where she will launch her career. And ideally she can do both.

Too bad she can't go to Columbia (Ivies don't let grad students play as I recall). They are pretty decent with a good coach and she could get a Master's.

I can't see her going to a top place to be #7 in a national championship rotation. This move has to be about something other than seeking a team championship.

Yup. 4 Years of Academic Year and Done at Ivies
by dillon77  (2024-04-19 10:52:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was thinking Columbia would be pay dirt for a Nat, both athletically and academically. (Didn't Troy Murphy eventually graduate from there.)

No idea on Murphy but Columbia's coach has done
by Raoul  (2024-04-19 10:59:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a great job and should be on many folks' rising star card. But she is also an alum of Columbia. I wonder if Marquette called her (or Berube).

I've Been To a Columbia Game. In fact, Anna Was In It
by dillon77  (2024-04-19 11:21:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her senior year, Fordham played Columbia when the Lions went to the WNIT final. The Lions beat Fordham in a really good game. Anna and Abby Hsu of Columbia wanted the ball like all stars should

Megan G. is a really good coach and they're going to have to pay her a boatload of cash to leave there because, as you pointed out, she's an alum.
(unlike Banghart of Princeton who is a Dartmouth alum).

I could see Northwestern giving her a call when Uncle Jo retires at Northwestern.

If she or Berube leaves, Mabrey could do a lot worse
by Raoul  (2024-04-19 11:29:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than Princeton or Columbia.

Absolutely. *
by dillon77  (2024-04-19 12:01:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed. *
by MountainMan  (2024-04-19 09:47:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post