Kiki to Southern Cal (link)
by IRISHFAN808 (2024-04-27 22:26:38)

With the Kiki commitment, OSU is the only old PAC12 school
by Domerduck  (2024-04-28 17:34:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which has neither had a player xfr out nor signed a player to xfr in despite currently having 8 of their players in the portal. Still trying to figure that out for the Beavers. This was Stanford only loss in the portal despite their legendary coach retiring.

WSU's Leger-Walker Signs on With UCLA
by dillon77  (2024-04-28 17:50:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So, the best player from the other school left out in the cold of the PAC-12 disintegrating, signs on with the Bruins. Leger-Walker suffered a season-ending injury in January '24. According the the ESPNw article attached below, "...it's unknown at this time if Leger-Walker will be ready for the start of the 2024-25 season. She averaged 16.6 points and 5.6 rebounds in 105 career games at Washington State."

If she does come back next season, great pick-up for the Bruins who can add a proven scorer to make up for Charisma Osborne.

I had known that still she's a WSU grad and the younger
by Domerduck  (2024-04-28 18:22:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of two sisters who both played at WSU. She will always be a Coug even if she gets a chance to play as a Bruin. But her greatest achievement was keeping the Bruins from winning the PAC12 championship. CLW is a great player and leader who got WSU their only PAC12 tourney championship as she was the tourney MVP when they beat the Bruins in 2023.

Most important to her is she is a New Zealander as the Leger-Walker;s name runs deep inside the New Zealand's National Women's Basketball Team, known worldwide as the Tall Ferns. Their mother Leanne Walker, guided New Zealand to its only two Olympic appearances in women's basketball in 2000 and 2004. In 2018, Charlisse made her history as the youngest player to suit-up for the Tall Ferns at just 16-years-old playing alongside her older sister, Krystal.

Good luck to her as a Bruin & beyond as a pro or on her National team.

Thanks for Background and History of That Family *
by dillon77  (2024-04-29 06:41:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw where Talia von Oelhoffen (sp?) visited So Cal
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-28 17:45:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

yesterday.

Hey its raining up here so why not get free trip to SoCal.
by Domerduck  (2024-04-28 18:27:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still hasn't committed anywhere though she has visited a few other places including L'ville, Kentucky, and Colorado.

Last name is Iriafen
by SB Jimbo  (2024-04-28 10:01:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PSA for those who want transparency upfront, or those who truly don't know who Kiki is but don't think they should have to click on the OP's link to find out

I'll die on this hill

Kiki Rice (UCLA) stays at UCLA *
by GriffinGold16  (2024-04-28 10:32:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

VanDeWeghe remains retired. *
by NDMike2001  (2024-04-28 10:10:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ernest Maurice is an Advisor to the NBA per Wiki
by ram  (2024-04-28 11:10:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

retired from BB, prob not transferring

See, there ya go. What's Wiki's last name?
by SB JIMBO  (2024-04-28 11:46:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And is s/he related to Kiki?

I kid

Pedia. *
by 2Domer  (2024-04-28 11:49:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doh! I thought it was Leaks.
by NDMike2001  (2024-04-28 12:43:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now I understand the frustration.

Fact that Woj - ESPN's NBA Reporter -- Reported This...
by dillon77  (2024-04-28 08:42:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..tells you how far and fast WBB has come in a short time.

Will be interesting
by tedstheman  (2024-04-27 23:35:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To see if Kiki sees the ball much with Juju on the same team. Will Watkins defer to Kiki for the good of the team or continue to dominate the ball like this past year. Gottleib better have this conversation and an understanding or could create chemistry issues.

Excellent Point About Sharing the Rock
by dillon77  (2024-04-28 08:20:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- Whenever I watched USC last year, it was Watkins-centric. She had some help from Marshall and the Ivy League transplants, but it seemed they were afterthoughts more than second choices. At least the Ivy Leaguers -- particularly Davis -- could crash boards and run the court to get the ball.

Kayleigh Haeckel, the freshman point guard who orchestrated the attack at LuHi (where Kat Koval and the Swords sisters also play(ed)) will be out there and I think, over time, she could give some order if given a chance.

But that chance belongs to Gottlieb figuring out how to use everyone.

To me, this feels reminiscent of Betts last year
by irish_dan  (2024-04-27 23:01:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The top transfer, we were a finalist for her out of high school, and she would’ve made perfect sense in our rotation, but she stayed out west in LA.

Why is anyone surprised we never get the Gems from TP 🍀 *
by bohratom  (2024-04-27 22:58:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Please See Cav2's Post Just Below For Some Insights...
by dillon77  (2024-04-28 08:47:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will add that "gems" come in the eye of the beholder and Niele has managed to get lesser-known ones (Maya Dodson, Lauren Ebo) and make them shine well individually and collectively, which is really even more important.
I just wrote a post on this that Niele develops her team from an integrated, collective standpoint and that's what guides her.

Lastly, even though it was before the portal era, Jessica Shepard was a flat-out gem of a transfer who was an individual star and a team player. We can nail it. As Cav points out, it's a difficult play now.

Also, there are four top notch starters who wear ND uniforms right now ...

Damn. That one always felt like a long shot to me, though. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-27 22:42:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I never assume kids who grew up in CA are coming here
by Raoul  (2024-04-28 10:20:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah - we get some but there are too many good options closer to home. Even FB these days struggles with CA (only 5 on current roster and one of them supposedly considering transferring).

I just think absent real ties (legacy or really Catholic family) CA is fools gold for ND for to most athletes in many sports. It is a big burden on families given the distance and time zone differential.

She’ll always be one of the biggest “what if’s” for me
by IRISHFAN808  (2024-04-27 22:45:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because she had us in her final five out of high school and if the ND teams post 2019 were in decent shape, I wonder if she’d have committed and excelled under Muffet/Niele.