• Coming out of high school, I loved her game. She might have been better than her 3 ranking.
• She played with Brianna Turner and Marina Mabrey on the USA U18 dominating gold medal winning team in the 2014 FIBA World Championship in Russia. A’ja Wilson, Napheesa Collier, and Brianna Turner led that team, but Shepard led the team in rebounds with a 12.6 average.
• I believe she desperately wants to play in the WNBA. (i.e. If she does well here, she could possibly graduate/leave after one year.)
• She has been criticized for not being in shape at Nebraska.
• She shot 89 3’s last year, second most on the team, at 31.5%.
• I’m a tiny bit surprised by this transfer since Muffet has repeatedly said she’s very picky in who she is willing to coach. Jessica, for better or worse, will be a project for her. If she can get Jessica in shape, to embrace the necessities of forward or post play, and “to be a beast on the boards”, instead of trying to be a wing, Muffet will earn her salary.
• Because there was a head coaching change at Nebraska last year, Jessica will try for a waiver from the sitting out rule. Success in that may be slim.
The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.