That Kind of "Look" Is Not Good ....
by dillon77 (2018-04-20 10:35:53)
Edited on 2018-04-21 06:22:42

In reply to: I enjoyed this snippet too  posted by RISteve

..for a university (UConn), the basketball program, the coaching staff or the paper (Hartford Courant, who look used), for that matter. It's petty and or sloppy (from a sports information dept. pt. of view), at best, and vindictive, at worst. This is a high school junior we're talking about.

(By comparison, lest I remember incorrectly, MM didn't go off on Megan Walker or Evina Westbrook....)

To the best of my knowledge and with all fairness, I'm only aware of this kind of reaction from Storrs happening with this and the "Arike" tweet; hence, with ND. Gosh knows the Huskies could've opened fire on the Charli Collier de-commitment and re-commitment to Texas, but didn't. So, maybe when it involves ND, something gets under someone's skin in Storrs.

In any case, all power to Sam for addressing it straight on and moving on. (I like this young woman the more I hear her.)

And -- speaking of short sighted -- one of Sam's most obvious traits is that she's highly thought of by her peers, many of who also visited ND's campus in October 2017. Given how media savvy they all are, well...hope that one punch felt good.

As for me, let's move to other things in the article:

- Della Donne. I've often thought of Sam in terms of the #4 position and that brings to mind, Kat and Jess' outside qualities. Ms. Brunelle might expand that even more. Her long-range touch is even better than remembered.

- But she must get fouled a lot, too, because in the "Drops 49" highlights, she's at the line a lot. And has good form on her FT's, to boot.

Go Sam! Let's all move forward on to great things!

Replies: