ND has a great reputation for preparing students for med
by dbcsmith (2018-05-22 09:37:50)

In reply to: Medical School  posted by Homeboy73

school. 3-10% of ND grads go to medical school and about 9% of our alumni are doctors. Acceptance rate into medical school from ND students is above 85%. There are some that took additional courses and worked relevant health care jobs that were later accepted into med school and are not in the acceptance statistics so in reality it may be 90%.

ND does have a not well known partnership with IU
by TWO  (2018-05-22 10:06:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

School of Medicine. Not quite the same thing of course as having a Medical School with a great reputation right there on campus like Stanford. But it right across the street from the Irish Green.

Indiana University School of Medicine—South Bend
IU School of Medicine-South Bend offers a well-established community medicine experience emphasizing small-group learning and one-on-one clinical training.

In partnership with the University of Notre Dame, students and an award-winning research-based faculty explore medicine in the midst of discovery about next-generation cures. IU School of Medicine-South Bend, like other campuses in the IU School of Medicine statewide system, offers exceptional clinical education opportunities and community participation through student groups, extracurricular activities and a strong partnership with local clinical providers.

Led by national experts in their fields, the medical education program at IU School of Medicine – South Bend follows the school’s statewide core curriculum. Plus, in partnership with Notre Dame, medical students at this campus can pursue combined degrees, including an MD/PhD or MS/MD in Global Health, and take part in research at the Harper Cancer Research Institute and the Eck Center for Global Health.

I think it's much more well known now because the new
by Tex Francisco  (2018-05-22 10:45:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

building is in such a prominent location. Back when I was at ND, I had no clue the program even existed. I think they were somewhere in the psychology building (I can't remember the name. Haggar?).