Now don't be condescending ;) (apologies to Kayo)
by BabaGhanouj (2018-06-04 20:57:40)

In reply to: I love your work with the ratings, Baba, and I used to  posted by Fighting_Artichoke

No, seriously, thank you, although I'm a little worried that you feel you had to say that. (another wink) I'm a fan of yours, also, but you should know that.

I realize that some of my posts may come off as slightly confrontational. It's mostly for entertainment value. I love a good discussion and will often take either side. In college I was known as "the person who could room with anyone", so I'm very accommodating in real life, possibly to the point of wishy washy.

There is one thing that concerns me. When I check my profile, I have 1 person who has highlighted me, and two people who are ignoring me. What does that even mean? Do my posts not show up? It must make for some curious threads. I'm saddened because instead of just not reading my posts, they specifically want to tell me I'm being ignored. I believe you can please everybody, if fact, I think it's a duty.

Anyway, I find the posters on McGraw's Bench to be extraordinarily considerate. I would hate to be the one not pulling my weight.

There is so much I'd like to explore if I had the time. "How well teams did with less and seeing how teams blew it with great recruiting success" would be fascinating. Again, thanks, and I really enjoy and look forward to your posts, (…and you may confront, argue, and make fun of me whenever you wish—especially when appropriate.)

No need to apologize
by Kayo  (2018-06-05 13:29:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just stay in your own lane. Condescension is my job around here, dammit.

Nine people are ignoring me, so you have a way to go. I'm certain there are others with far more than nine people ignoring them, but I'm working on catching them.

Thought on "Ignores"
by dillon77  (2018-06-06 06:19:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now that I've been advised of this (thanks Baba, I think), my thought would be similar to the line about papers: a poster that has no enemies has no friends!

Ha! …no, I was apologizing for the use of ;) *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-06-05 15:17:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, that's inexcusable. *
by Kayo  (2018-06-05 18:24:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Baba don't worry-only 2 ignoring u, I got more than that,
by Domerduck  (2018-06-04 21:52:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I think I earned those when I got on a high horse mostly on Rock's House. I do have more highlighting me than ignoring me but I'm not sure what that means either.

The bottom line is we get a chance to read your opinions and post our own if we are so inclined. It certainly feels more productive than solitaire, but you never know.

Was that you?
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-06-05 23:28:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I checked my account and now I'm even with 2 and 2. That was so sweet, if that was you.