Another update from Nagle. (link)
by SBSwarm (2018-08-05 21:03:41)

Short video highlights. Emphasis on short
by RISteve  (2018-08-06 12:01:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This team is loaded. Goodness

Link, below:

Mission Dubrovnik: Fallout
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-08-06 18:00:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks to RISteve and especially the video crew for ND Women's basketball for giving us a welcome, if short, look at the second game on the foreign trip and preview toward the upcoming season. Congrats to the film's music director for their choice of background music. The transformation of tying one's shoe or lying on the court floor stretching into a heart palpitating rush deserves an Oscar. Seriously, the music was great. Why couldn't that be our national anthem played before each game? I also especially liked how happy Jordan appears.

The biggest reveal, however, is that Danielle Patterson's freshman year was so traumatic, that she changed her number from 32 to 33. That, or a minor equipment malfunction.

Also note that it appears that Jordan will wear "0", Katlyn, "10", Abby "12" and Danielle Cosgrove, "22".

And, which is it, guys, the All-Stars from Spain (Nagle) or the All-Stars from Croatia (NDWBB)?

by Orangutan  (2018-08-06 19:23:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Patterson wore #33 in high school. Also, her Twitter username has long been d_patterson33.

Of course, she had to wait for Westbeld's departure to claim that number.

May she live up to lofty standards set by Kat and Niele (and surely others I cannot now recall).

Others...
by cbiebel  (2018-08-06 20:00:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had to look it up, but it's a rather big list. From the looks of things, it seems that there was a #33 on the team every year from 1982-2008. Going most recent to further back in time:

Katherine Westbeld (2014-18)
Melissa D'Amico (2004-08)
Katy Flecky (2001-04)
Niele Ivey (1997-01)
Rosanne Bohman (1993-97)
Majenica Rupe (1990-93)
Annie Schwartz (1986-90)
Denise Basford (1982-86)
Shari Matvey (1979-80)

BTW, Bohman played during Ivey's true freshman year (when she was first injured very early in the season), so Ivey was #23 as a freshman.

Brianna Turner's knee
by WAYOFJAY19_  (2018-08-06 14:39:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After a Year and 5 months Brianna looks good running up and down the court again. This makes me even more excited come November. If she can come back and play like the 2x ACC Defensive Player of the Year she was, our defense will reflect it.

Thanks. Watching those talented youngsters I feel so old. *
by T-Bone  (2018-08-06 12:53:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post