I love this post
by BabaGhanouj (2018-09-17 09:37:01)

In reply to: Recruiting notes after Alli's commitment:  posted by MPG

and agree that Alli is a great addition for 2020. The Allison Campbell image that is forming for me is a very smart, driven player, who, like Sam, will be way ahead in the "confidence" curve, which is so crucial to incoming college players, when she arrives on campus.

I did find a video of a game between the Philly Belles and Tim Fudd's Fairfax Stars. It shows interesting inside/outside play by Danielle Cosgrove, the amazing athleticism of Celeste Taylor, more Tim Fudd, and, of course, the great shot of Azzi, but I hesitate to post the link (it is posted below) because it doesn't seem like Alli's best game. She make some shots in the beginning but appears to be tired, possibly sick, doesn't display much aggressiveness (which I think she has), and sits on the bench for much of the second half when the team could have used her.

The game you describe would be impossible (?)
by Orangutan  (2018-09-17 10:29:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My understanding is that Campbell played for Central PA Dynamite in 2017, only switching to the Philly Belles for the 2018 AAU season, at which point Cosgrove would have already been done with her AAU career.

So I don't think Campbell and Cosgrove would have played on the same Philly Belles team...but maybe I've got my timeline wrong?

Hmm… Who is #32 then? *
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-09-17 10:37:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by Orangutan  (2018-09-17 10:45:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ah, I finally clicked through to the link.

I think #32 is Cosgrove but I don't think Campbell is present. This video was published in 2016. She definitely was not playing for the Belles yet. I don't know who the blond #25 with the ponytail is, but it's not Alli.

Ah, you're absolutely right. How could I have missed that
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-09-17 10:52:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it was from 2016. My apologies, I wish I could delete the whole thing. I thought #25 was Alli. I should have guessed the year by how young Azzi looks. Sorry. This also means we have almost no video of Allison.

Video of Alli
by Orangutan  (2018-09-17 11:00:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's some video of one of her high school games (see link). The competition level is very weak so it's not a good gauge of her skills but it's better than nothing.

There are 2018 Philly Belles games on FloHoops, but that requires a subscription that I do not have.

Thank you so much. It is better than nothing.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-09-17 17:03:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's athletic, constantly moving, constantly thinking, a teammate, has a wrist three pointer like Marina, and, for some strange reason, always wants to go left even though she may shoot the layup with her right (or two hands). It's as if someone told her to practice moving to her left, but she hasn't learned yet to shoot with her left. As I suspected, she has plenty of athleticism and energy.

Thanks again.