Everything you say is true, but I think her emphasis
by BabaGhanouj (2018-10-15 08:46:31)

In reply to: Paige Bueckers Thinks of Herself as a Combo Guard...  posted by dillon77

is that she doesn't consider herself "just a point guard." She thinks of herself as a point guard and a shooting guard. "I would consider myself more of a combo guard where I play both, just not strictly the point guard spot." (emphasis mine)

In other words, she doesn't want to be limited. Like Skylar, she would love to play point and shoot, i.e. combo.

Hmm? Er?
by dillon77  (2018-10-15 09:11:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just did drive 10 1/2 hours back from South Bend yesterday, so maybe I'm a bit fuzzy..

In any case, I'm not sure I'm going to try to guess between the article's lines, but, to me at least, the inference is twofold:
- she does not want to be typecast as strictly a point;
- she's open to playing either/or both positions. (In her case, I don't think she's tall enough for wing.)

That second point is really good news for coaches looking for flexibility and the willingness to do so.

From an ND point of view, the concept of, say, Jordan Nixon and Paige breaking full-court presses brings a smile to one's face.