Soul searching
by westsideirish (2018-12-04 16:42:42)

In reply to: ND image  posted by BB Junky

I am a senior citizen and an 18 year season ticket holder. I am probably like most on this board, in awe of last year’s championship season with the gritty performance by the team and awesome winning shots by Arike. I have been waiting for this season and last Sunday’s game since April. I left the game disappointed and embarrassed with the team’s preparation, play but mostly conduct.

I just read Arike’s apology to the fans on Twitter. As a fan, I hope she takes this time and does some real soul searching and the apology is not just a hollow statement. I would hope she would start with the National Anthem. I am glad she stands for its playing but it is obvious she brings her politics or beliefs to the playing as she and Brianna never place their hands over their hearts as the rest of the team and coaches do. Are you together with the team or not? I am not going to belabor this point but I hope she includes this behavior as she makes necessary attitude adjustments.

The Irish are a team in process and progress. This is a turning point moment. There’s enough talent to go far and to win another championship. Team chemistry begins with developing a we mentality. We had that last year. I will be praying for necessary corrections for this year’s team.

Replies: