I'm just saying that from my perspective at this point
by Tim Kelley (2019-01-14 10:07:37)

In reply to: Follow-up Questions  posted by dillon77

in time, I do not see indications that the those players will have developed to the point of being "good enough" replacements by next season...good enough to make ND as competitive as the last couple of years. Yes, they will probably start because there aren't a lot of alternatives with the mass departure of the senior (5th) year starters. I was focusing on comparative talent and what I expect to be a substantial drop-off in talent/performance next season. As I stated or implied, it's early and I accept the development issue point, but all athletes don't develop into great players (like we have today) just because they are now young and inexperinced. At this point, I don't see them developing into the talent level that we have today, but again it's way too early to make any absolute statements.
I'm just speculating between games.

I like what I see in Vaughn. She might turn out to be a very good one. Confidence is a big element of player development and MM is giving these younger players the opportunity to develop that. Mika seems to be gaining in that area.

And, I am by no means qualified to evaluate potential performance outcomes from young players. So there is that, too.

Replies: