Anthony Anderson gameday article with Mabrey nuggets
by RISteve (2019-01-16 04:05:09)

In reply to: Mabrey vs Mabrey - This time it's war!  posted by BabaGhanouj

So, this is the first time I have read that Dara had an offer from ND and then she did not. Whatever that means. I think Marina handles the topic well and Dara has moved on. Good for both. MM being slightly concerned about the ‘sister as an opponent’ distraction for Marina is an interesting angle as well.

Link, below:

I believe it was a contingent kind of thing
by Soc  (2019-01-16 09:12:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

depending upon who else committed or did not commit, the offer might have been good....

Recruiting Does Not Seem To Be a Linear Process...
by dillon77  (2019-01-16 08:28:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...does it? Or at least a clear-cut one, based on Dara's "had an offer, then I didn't" story. In any case, glad things are working out for her in Blacksburg.

Then there's the "she said, he said" imbroglio surrounding Sam Brunelle and UConn (one of the differences being the classless way UConn put out the press statement within 20 minutes following Sam's announcement).

And who knows what went on with Laeticia Amihere?

Conditional Offers. Silent Commitments. How many do you offer to get what you need (but not more)? How do you thin out "the core?" (Love the way that's becoming a verb).

There's a very intriguing story there, but not sure I'd want to get behind all those closed doors......

Maybe there is something to these conditional

Yeah, I had my eyes opened
by BabaGhanouj  (2019-01-16 08:44:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

recently when talking to some contemporary recruits. Not women basketball recruits, but still, I heard some stories that now lead me to believe there's a lot of promising, retracting, conditionals, and "don't do anything yet, we're really interested". There's a reason many recruits say it's a stressful time. I believe more is going on than I originally thought.