IMO-Louisville must lose a reg season game to lose a 1 Seed
by Domerduck (2019-02-12 11:11:01)

In reply to: We might be able to affect Louisville & NC St.'s ranking  posted by NDoggie78

plus lose the ACC tourney to us. With 1 loss & UConn victories, Louisville and Baylor are the top 2 seeds if they win out. and the committee has projected their locations. I also think either could lose once to their top rival (ND & Texas respectively) and still be a one seed at the same place. For ND to get Chicago they have to pass Louisville and send them somewhere else. That only happens if Louisville loses a regular season conference game and ND wins out including the ACC tourney so they both have the same record. I don't see how that happens since their 2 tough teams they still have to play, NC State & Miami, are at home and their two away games left are against teams with losing records.

The other chaos which could affect things is if two of the other top 6 (UConn, Oregon, Miss State, Baylor) lose 2 or more games somehow (highly unlikely) which allows Louisville & ND to both have 1 seeds (like last year). ND would be 29-3 with 2 wins over Louisville if we beat them in the ACC championship while Louisville would be 30-2. There still might be a debate of who doesn't get Chicago, but my guess Louisville will be going farther since we ended strong. Still where the 2nd ACC 1 Seed goes depends on which teams "choked) in their last few games and tourney and dropped to a 2 seed.

I just don't think any of those scenarios are going to happen, except us winning the ACC tourney, which I don't think that alone gives us a 1 Seed given our bad loss to NC.

Replies: