Jackson averaged 11.3 ppg and JY had a 15.0 ppg average
by Slotts (2019-04-07 21:12:00)

coming in. Tonight Jackson had 26 and JY had 4.

JY struggled against UCONN too
by TerryND83  (2019-04-08 00:03:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She had 11 pts against UCONN and 4 against Baylor.
I don't know if she hit a shooting slump during the Final 4 or faced more pressure this year than last year. ND really needed her to make the 10, 12 and 15 ft shots tonight.

Jackson had an effect on Young.
by art fern  (2019-04-07 22:54:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't watched too many ND basketball games this year, none for men's. However, from what I can tell, ND thrives on the break, be it a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 or 4 on 3.

But that was attributable to Jackson. From start to finish, she was unstoppable with a mid-range jumper. If they weren't contested, Jackson did have to put it up in kind of a hurry.

I could live Brown and Cox doing their thing. But Jackson hitting those Jumpers had a detrimental effect on our fast break. I kept waiting for her to cool off, but she never did.

Power Forward
by CJA1972  (2019-04-07 21:52:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Muffett got schooled today on the value of recruiting TALL power forwards, at a minimum for defense. We certainly saw the value of Baylor's forwards today.
Maybe if she had a guy on her bench she may have seen this value.

Where is the Ruth Riley of the 2019 Lady Irish?

Great season, ladies. Very well done.

Post Recruiting
by hempfield75  (2019-04-07 22:36:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The game is changing. More and more teams are going with taller post. God
is also putting more on the planet.

...I do not want to take anything away from Bri and Jess. They are wonderful
posts and had great careers. They are going to see Brown again in the WNBA.
she may have really helped her stock in the upcoming draft. On the other
hand, Jess and Bri may have taken a small hit. We will see in 3 days.

...We need to go after someone at least at the minimum of 6-6. The only
exception would be if a 6-3 player has a 40 vertical jump.

...Hopefully we can sway Marshall our way. Lsst reports I have
read it is between us and Stanford. I do not trust Tara.

...Hey Dillon, Baba, Domerduck, and anyone that might have info. Has
Gusters completed ruled us out or is it MM decision to move on. What I
have read seems to fit what MM is looking for. Another post I read was
6-6 Cardoso from TN. Again, seems like everything MM is looking for in
a post.They are both rated in Hoopgurlz TOP 8. Marshall is 12.

...Okay, this is now my take that I am suggesting to MM. No more
recruiting guards. I am recommending recruiting 12 players at 6-4 and
Heck there is a 6-11 girl playing high school volleyball.. Of course all
these girls will be athletic so they will be able to run the court, pass
and shoot with no problem. How would any coach plan a game plan around
that team>. Your 5-7 point is going to guard my 6-6 point. Think not. We
will change the face of recruiting. It will work. Oh the 6-11 volleyball
player will be one of my starting post.

Have Fun...

SEG/Chief

by CJA1972  (2019-04-08 13:44:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You seem to be the only thinker who evaluated my post rather than sarcastically commenting.

Your original post sucked ass.
by NDBass  (2019-04-08 14:47:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1) You went full misogynist when suggesting having a male assistant coach might make McGraw realize the importance of tall post players. That's ignorant on its own. The ignorance was doubled because McGraw recruited one of the Baylor posts you were talking about.

2) You called them Lady Irish. Not only are they not the "Lady Irish", but they would be at or near the top of the list of teams on campus that truly personify the Fighting Irish name. This point has been rehashed here numerous times and by McGraw herself.

You could have started a reasonable discussion on post recruiting. It isn't a new topic around here. Instead, you dropped a Wolverine. I don't know why you expected a different response.

And it makes it worst being your first post ever
by drmurray  (2019-04-08 15:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or at least this season.

Leading off by being a douche bag is not going to make you win friends and influence people.

Classless post *
by Goirish01  (2019-04-07 22:36:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Um, Riley was a center. *
by Slotts  (2019-04-07 22:15:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Midvale School for the Gifted now has Internet access. Yay. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-04-07 22:14:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are out in full tonight *
by drmurray  (2019-04-07 22:35:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Must be a full moon tonite *
by Rick  (2019-04-07 22:09:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh dear. *
by NDBass  (2019-04-07 22:03:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tough matchup for her
by bmoreirish  (2019-04-07 21:22:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So many of her buckets come from strong drives where she is able to leap over and muscle her way through bigs. Brown and Cox made that almost impossible.

I think both of our FF opponents took the approach of
by graNDfan  (2019-04-07 21:15:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bodying her to the point of fouling. It affected her I think. If she has a normal game given every thing else that happened we probably would have won

She needed to take a lot more pull up jumpers. *
by Marine Domer  (2019-04-07 21:18:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The original game plan of trying to get their bigs in
by domerfromkansas  (2019-04-07 21:30:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Foul trouble didn’t work. Terrific come back. Jackson’s last basket could have rimmed out. One point short. This is my favorite Notre Dame team since the 1993 football team. Such warriors. They won 3 of the 4 most exciting final four games (both of last year’s games) I can remember.

You know what; that's a good point on the 3 of 4
by Hometown fan  (2019-04-07 22:18:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whole lot of clutch

Note. I am not criticizing the original game plan. *
by domerfromkansas  (2019-04-07 22:23:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought you had great perspective in your post *
by Hometown fan  (2019-04-07 22:30:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She stopped shooting period.
by ndbutch  (2019-04-07 21:23:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was 1-7 at the half. She finished 1-8. The athleticism and size of Baylor were a problem for her and Jess (until Cox got hurt). It was a problem for all the Irish but especially those two.