Too soon. I cannot laugh right now. It hurts too much.
by Fighting_Artichoke (2019-04-08 18:44:56)

In reply to: Ironically Jackie going pro means ND will be YOUNG next year  posted by Orangutan

Couldn't ask for more? Why of course we could: a fourth year.

But I'm sure she'll prosper at the next level and of course she has my blessing.

It hurts to think about next year's team, however. How many years has it been where Notre Dame was a 1-seed in the tournament? Let's just say that that streak is in serious jeopardy.

The streak
by Orangutan  (2019-04-08 18:48:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is in more Jeopardy than Alex Trebek's health.

We are going to need to strike it rich with the transfer Wheel of Fortune if we are going to get anywhere close to a #1 seed.

Sorry, all I've got after the last 24 hours is morbid humor.

2011 was the last time ND wasn't a 1 seed.
by gond79  (2019-04-08 19:07:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2009 was the last time ND was a 1 or 2 seed. ND was a 7 seed and lost in the 1st round.

I doubt if we make a 1or 2 next year, but it’s not being
by 2ndstreeter  (2019-04-08 19:41:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

negative, just realistic considering all the other teams that have experienced talent.