Natalie Achonwa -- Something from her; something about her
by dillon77 (2019-04-11 12:02:23)
Edited on 2019-04-11 12:03:50

Natalie Achonwa was among the ND alums in the WNBA to welcome aboard the Irish draft class of 2019. (Dev Peters, as well).
See below:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Natalie Achonwa
@NatAchon

More
and shoutout to Irish ladies on being drafted!! can’t wait to have some more @ndwbb alum in the @WNBA!! @JackieYoung3 @Arike_O @_Breezy_Briii @JShepard32 @mmabrey1 πŸ€πŸ™ŒπŸ½
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I went down and saw a link to a piece on NBATVCanada that centered around Natalie and pulled together pieces from other pieces. While the piece does not touch on ND (given the audience and producers, I understand why), the overall impression is of a tremendously together person who has benefited from and given back to basketball.

She touches on everything from being Canadian and representing them to the cessation of the WNBA collective bargaining agreement and her ACL injury and rehabilitation. And then she talks about how being a hustle player defines her as both a player and a person. She takes extreme pride in being "down and dirty" and doing things that "don't show up on the stat sheet." (this starts around 3:50 mark).

Natalie can obviously do things that do show up on the stat sheet, as well, which is why -- prior to this draft -- she was one of a handful +1 of Irish alums currently playing in the WNBA.

Still, that's how she defines herself. And if "Ace," chooses to do that, I'm sure looking for others to go that way, too. (If you have not figured this out, Ace is one of my personal favorites....still. The day she went down was horrendous. Watching her get stronger and better while playing pro ball was inspiring.)

Go Nat!

Replies: