Not really-he's closer to Muffet as to US recruiting & xfrs.
by Domerduck (2019-04-20 17:52:49)

In reply to: Graves Recruits like the UL Coach  posted by KORZO78

From my memory he only had one year where 2 recruits transferred out and 1 transferred in was similar to what happened to Muffet, and I doubt you'd compare her to the UL coach. But Muffet mostly has recruited 5 stars, but still had 5 star Ali Patberg (2015 Hoopsgurlz/ESPN #13)) and 5 star Erin Boley (2016 Hoopsgurlz/ESPN #5) transfer out the same year Jess and Lili Thompson xfrd in. Oregon lost Ayusa (int'l player who went pro), Campisano (2016 Hoopsgurlz/ESPN #14) )and 4 star McGwire (2016 Hoopsgurlz/ESPN #98) the year after when Erin Boley gained eligibility after she sat out the year before.

That anomaly was the result of Graves' only large recruiting class of 2016 which had 6 players, but grew larger when Sabrina enrolled in Oregon very late as she delayed her recruiting since she wanted to be with her twin. ND tried to get her and it would have affected ND as well Prior to that and since Graves classes have been smaller. Most of the time he usually kept his players,

What he did have was a history of recruiting international players so he could compete in the West Coast Conference (Gonzaga & St. Mary's) prior to coming to Oregon which he has parlayed to get even better international players. He also was very good at bringing transfers in, mostly from the west coast as Gonzaga started doing well. The article attached gives a lot of background

It wasn't until his first recruiting class in Oregon that he ever got a 5 star player, though he has found stars like Courtney Vandersloot who was overlooked in high school and is the only Division-I player with 2,000 career points and 1,000 career assists, until Sabrina breaks it next year. As the article points out his first big Ducks recruit (3 stars Lexi Bando) was going to go to Gonzaga. Then he got 5 star Oti Gildon(2015 Hoopsgurlz/ESPN #37) the next year because of his relationship he had with her in Spokane and she said she would have gone to Gonzaga had he stayed He also got 3 star international player Cazorla who was another diamond in thr rough. Then in 2016 he had his big 6 person class with three 5 stars (Sabrina, Campisano, & Hebard), two 4 stars (McGwire & Australian Yaeger), and 3 star Giomi. Considering he has been new there I don'tsee how you can bucket him in with Walz.

With 2 straight Elite 8 teams, then this year's final 4, and Sabrina and most of the team back getting preseason ranked #1, he and Oregon are on a roll which is why they just got Parish and are getting Watson to visit. As Dillon posted earlier Oregon & Stanford are the two teams he fears most competing for players ND wants.