From my perspective, Jordan Nixon played fairly well until
by MPG (2019-05-16 10:34:50)

In reply to: With regards to the depth chart  posted by ndpaul

she had the concussion vs. DePaul. She had held her own on the offensive end as the starter while Marina was injured. After Jordan's first injury, she didn't look as confident and her play relected that. We'll see if a transfer point guard appears. If not, then I will assume that Jordan will be the starter to begin the season.

Another reason Peoples and Westbrook may ascend..
by ndpaul  (2019-05-17 05:44:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think they can play D at a higher level and maybe defend the perimeter. That and going off of rankings.

Did you mean Walker instead of Westbrook?
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2019-05-17 11:56:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It doesn't seem like Muffet sees Destinee as a PG. When Jordan sits (for rest or foul issues), it will probably be PG by committee (Peoples, Gilbert, etc.) That worked out well the past 2 years, but didn't work out well in the past when Skylar and then Lindsey ran the point. When those two sat, our offense and ball-handling suffered.

Yes, walker.. and regarding Jordan..
by ndpaul  (2019-05-18 07:16:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I truly think Jordan is not heir apparent to start at pg unless her assist to turnover ratio has a major turnaround AND she plays a lot better than she has shown. I think if there is separation, the best 5 will play. Right now, she may start but she is part of the rotation. Let’s see what happens.

She was a freshman
by IrishfaninTX  (2019-05-18 17:11:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that nerves played a very big part of how she played last year. Some players come in with a lot of confidence and others are full of nerves and take longer for the talent to shine.

Jordan
by hempfield75  (2019-05-18 21:13:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let us not forget she had an injury filled freshman year, including a severe
concussion she never fully recovered from.

SEG/Chief