This probably is a good time to repeat our mantra here
by El Kabong (2019-06-30 11:41:36)

In reply to: ND Hoops Recruits comment on Prince visit  posted by RISteve

No one should be speaking to recruits, on visits or otherwise

I realize you weren't the one doing it, but obviously someone out there was doing it, and they shouldn't.

Much to do about nothing. *
by Mike  (2019-06-30 21:50:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excellent reminder! *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-06-30 17:25:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry. Please delete if you see fit *
by RISteve  (2019-06-30 12:53:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're good, and it shouldn't be deleted
by El Kabong  (2019-06-30 12:59:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To the contrary, it should be pointed out. I had the thought after reading that tweet, and if you hadn't mentioned it, I would have.

Plus, it's just really creepy. *
by Chicos bail bonds  (2019-06-30 12:10:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Please don't take this poorly, but
by MackyBoy  (2019-06-30 19:09:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what is creepy about one human engaging another human in conversation ? I mean, if you bumped into someone you recognize by accident, that is totally different than someone stalking someone. People who are jock sniffer types who try to bump into "athletes, musicians, celebrities", yes, that is creepy. But just bumping into someone by chance and striking up a short and polite conversation is totally cool in my book. Just wanted to make a distinction between the two. They are two totally different things.

If that person was not a prospective athlete, would
by chicos bail bonds  (2019-07-01 13:37:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you still say hello and strike up a conversation. What if it was a high school senior who was entertaining an academic scholarship? Would you still say something. Look, it's nothing personal against you or that person but the idea of voluntarily speaking to an athletic recruit just isn't a place I care to go. If someone were to approach me asking my opinion, then I might engage in conversation. However, the idea of approaching recruits just seems very much "fanboy" type behavior. Just my opinion - trust me, I've done plenty of questionable things in my life.

Really?
by El Kabong  (2019-06-30 21:45:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"If you choose ND, you're set for life"

That's a "short polite conversation"?

Let's take this another direction -- how do think the coaches feel about interactions like that?

Hint: I know the answer, and it ain't the one you're gonna wanna hear.