You really don't see the difference?
by El Kabong (2019-06-30 21:43:58)

In reply to: Agree. Should everyone who lines up along the library mall  posted by Tim Kelley

The potential for NCAA violation given that football players are CURRENT STUDENT ATHLETES and recruits are not?

I think there is a difference between being on-campus and
by DBCSMITH  (2019-07-01 09:13:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not being on campus. When on-campus it is expected that people will talk to you and these are normal. When off-campus you may not have discussions other than courtesy hellos unless you already have a regular relationship.

A sales pitch should be avoided.
by Kayo  (2019-07-01 19:44:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Friendly conversation is fine. "I hope you're enjoying your visit" is fine.

"If you choose Notre Dame, you'll be set for life" is not appropriate. A sales pitch or anything else that smacks of recruiting activity should be left to coaches and host players.

Great video. I had never seen that before. *
by Murcer68  (2019-07-01 19:51:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree. Thanks for Posting *
by dillon77  (2019-07-02 06:59:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This *
by Tim Kelley  (2019-07-01 13:47:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure the NCAA has plenty of under cover agents
by MackyBoy  (2019-06-30 23:52:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hanging out at ND trying to get a fan talking to a recruit, while all the SEC pay players bundles of money, cars and housing and they don't do anything to expose all those violations. I think your worrying about nothing. And women's basketball to boot ? But feel free to worry if you must.

lack of understanding
by rjp172  (2019-07-01 07:51:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When these recruits go on visits and attend a game as part of the weekend they are monitored while in the stadium to prevent fans from approaching and trying to influence recruits. What if the person talking to the recruit is a booster? You most certainly should be concerned about possible NCAA violations even if considered minor. Doesn't matter if it's women's basketball.

Is there a difference when this is a college student who is
by Domerduck  (2019-06-30 22:27:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the transfer portal vs a high school student being recruited. Prince was a Freshman at University of Texas last year and is seeking a transfer. I really don't know as to difference for risk of an NCAA violation between a college student in the transfer portal vs a high school student.

By the way I didn't see Prince while she was here in Oregon so no violation on my part.

Domer Duck: What is your prediction here on her choice? *
by Irish75  (2019-06-30 22:31:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I never predict what a teenager might do. I couldn't do it
by Domerduck  (2019-07-01 01:34:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with my kids, so I definitely won't try with someone else's kids.

There is a picture of Prince in a full Oregon uniform
by Irish75  (2019-06-30 23:32:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With her mother saying “We are having the time of our lives here in Oregon. Such a beautiful place” Hard to say if it means anything with her agreeing to put on a full Oregon Uniform along with even Oregon sneakers. If I was handicapping I would say her choice is going to be Oregon.

That's for social media
by okerland  (2019-07-01 14:51:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If she does pick Oregon, the Ducks want to have the picture ready to post as does Prince.

I believe every recruit who visits ND does the same.

It means nothing....She was being gracious to her hosts.... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-07-01 07:57:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post