Jordan Nixon To Texas A&M
by dillon77 (2019-07-02 07:27:04)
Edited on 2019-07-02 11:28:13

Jordan Nixon, who entered the transfer portal a little more than a week ago, has chosen to transfer to Texas A&M.

If you recall, Nixon hails from Harlem and attended private high schools Horace Mann Academy and The Mary Louis Academy. Her other finalists coming out of high school were Ohio State, UCLA, Notre Dame, Virginia and Georgia. Jordan didn't take long to make a decision once entering the portal, so it's reasonable to wonder how the Texas A&M pairing came about (she says it was not because of the NCAA playoff game).

I've attached an article and Jordan goes on about A&M's culture and what she's looking for -- and not -- in a team atmosphere.

"Texas A&M’s family atmosphere won over the 5-foot-8 former Miss New York award winner.

“It just felt right,” Nixon said Monday night. “It embodies everything that I want. I think coach [Gary] Blair and his staff have established a culture that I really do want to be part of.”

"Nixon said she was looking for a place where everyone works hard and gets along, making her announcement via social media.

“The season is long and it’s easy to get tired of people, and just having to deal with other things, [so] if there’s no drama or anything [else] to be worried about outside of getting a win and just being there for each other in the hard times,” Nixon said. “I mean, that’s what it’s all about.”

As for Notre Dame:
“It just wasn’t the right fit for me,” Nixon said. “Nothing against Notre Dame, it’s just sometimes you’re going through a phase and once you’re in it, it doesn’t quite fit right. And I really don’t know how else to explain it.”

She'll sit out a year before being eligible to play in 2020. Good luck to her. Maybe the two teams will run into each other in the NCAA's again. Stay tuned.

Replies: