A Anderson article on Michaela hiring
by RISteve (2019-08-26 21:45:05)

In reply to: Mabrey hiring now official (link)  posted by Orangutan

Sounds like Beth is the new Recruiting Coordinator, but Michaela will do much of the heavy lifting.

Link, below

Michaela is right. Great insights. Thanks. *
by 2DOMER  (2019-08-27 05:10:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he got his Mabreys a bit mixed up
by cbiebel  (2019-08-27 01:17:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mabrey, 25, was a two-year captain, two-year starter at point guard and an elite 3-point shooter at Notre Dame. A member of the program’s all-time winningest class with a 141-8 record, she played in all 116 games over her final three seasons and helped the Irish to the Final Four in each of her first three.

I'm sure Lindsay Allen would be shocked to hear that Michaela was the starting PG for two seasons.

As well as English usage for her vs she *
by T-Bone  (2019-08-27 12:48:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

People love to call all guards point guards
by Orangutan  (2019-08-27 01:47:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A recent Sports Illustrated piece on Courtney Vandersloot and Allie Quigley referred to them as "Sky point guards".

Quigley is a pure shooting guard.

I guess point guard just sounds cooler.