Next year bids fair to be a much better year.
by sixtythreer (2020-02-16 12:00:22)

In reply to: Yup *  posted by dillon77

This year, the ACC appears to have three strong teams: NC State, Louisville and Florida State. Their records indicate that they are markedly better than our present team.

But as disappointing as our 5 and 8 ACC records is, and undermanned as we are, the rest of the teams in the ACC aren't at all certain of beating us. We've lost twice to BC, but the last time by a point when they scored with 1.2 seconds on the clock. We should have beaten them. We've also beaten Pitt, Miami, Wake Forest and GT.

We lost to Syracuse in OT. We lost by 3 to Duke. We could easily have won both of those games.

We lost badly to NC State and Louisville.

Were we to play Clemson and Virginia again, the results probably would be closer to the result of the 2nd BC game.

Barring injuries and transfer, I expect ND to move at least back into the upper echelon of the ACC next season, and perhaps contend.

With just Anaya and Abby coming back, already we should have a significantly better team. Especially defensively, as well as rebounding.

And if Alasia. Alli, and Maddy are as good from "3" as the reports indicate, and with Sam getting more comfortable, I think we will see a marked improvement in the teams ability to score. We should see a much-needed return of the ND 3-point game.

And if Amirah is the defender/rebounder she is touted to be, that should also really help. Coach has said, Amirah is “... a great defender. She’s someone who can block shots and guard anybody on the floor, from point guard to center. She’ll help us in the press as well. She can run the floor and help us in transition. She’s also a three-point threat. We don’t have anyone like her.”

And with one more year, Mikayla should get even better.

I don't know what to expect of Nat as she comes off her ACL injury.

ND Hoops tells us that Alli and Nat have been selected to play in the Jordan Brand Classic on 3/27.
If Nat plays with a torn ACL, that would probably be the fastest recovery in history, or means that she is the toughest girl who's ever played the game. I'm wondering if she'll go the Brianna Turner route.... That might be wise given she's missed virtually her entire senior HS year.

Notwithstaning Nat's injury, I very optimistic, Even more so if Alasia can run the point a tad like
Lindsay (which remains an open question).