Can See Your Positions on, Well, All Positions....
by dillon77 (2020-02-25 14:21:20)

In reply to: A Few Post-Syracuse Game Thoughts  posted by MPG

...particularly Mik at low post, Katlyn at PG and Sam B. at some kind of forward.

On one hand, I've ventured below that Maddy Westbeld can play the tradtional "4" distributor at the top of the key, while Sam shifts over to a more tradtional small forward type. This could well happend on occasion against larger opponents.

On the other hand, MM next year will have the luxury of having two "wing-type" guards who both can both play tough defense, rebound and take it to the rack in Anaya and Abby. So, Maddy could come off the bench to play a 4 or spell Sam and play the hybrid.

The off guard will be the shooting spot, so it makes sense to have Destinee and Alli there. Keep at least one long-range bomber in the lineup (besides Sam, that is).

Where I think Katlyn will really help is her ability to keep defenses honest with her accurate mid-range jumper. Keep teams from sagging onto Mik.

Thanks for this report. With N. Carolina falling on a weekday, I doubt that many prospects will show up to watch, so it looks like that might be it for HS visitors. Reynolds, Wiggins, Verhulst.