For dillon77 and others interesetd in recruiting rules.
by No Right Turn on Red (2020-05-10 11:20:24)

Today is the last day of the women's basketball recruiting shutdown period. Tomorrow, quite a bit of flexibility kicks in for all sports in the virtual recruiting world:

- Group video calls with multiple uncommitted prospects at once will be allowed.
- Coaches can invite any staff member onto a call with a prospect, notably strength coaches and trainers.
- Coaches can invite current players onto recruiting calls, though their involvement counts against those players' weekly hour limits.
- Committed* prospects can participate in team activities (film review, team building, playbook review, etc.) once they've finished their high school or transfer requirements. Uncommitted prospects can observe, but not participate in, a team practice activity one time only.

*Committed is defined by NCAA rules, so we're not talking verbal or silent commits or stuff like that. Actually signed a scholarship or NLI or been admitted and put down a deposit.

Dead period could be extended to 7/31
by RISteve  (2020-05-12 14:16:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Per this article, link below and Raoul.

Changing times, indeed

Won’t be decided until the last week of May at the earliest.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2020-05-12 16:27:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The recruiting dead period isn’t sport-specific at this point, so the NCAA will need to get feedback from all other sports before deciding whether to extend for everyone or only basketball.

I'm in favor of extending the Dead period
by drmurray  (2020-05-12 15:43:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As Long as Bob, Phil, Mickey Are Up for it....
by dillon77  (2020-05-12 20:21:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I'm taking a gander on where you're going with that.
If need be, perhaps some Trey A. (from Phish), Bruce Hornsby (on keyboards) and/or Joan Osborne.

Good for me!

Or truly Dead - bring back zombie Jerry *
by NDoggie78  (2020-05-13 08:34:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hah! "I Will Survive." (More than) "A Touch of Grey" *
by dillon77  (2020-05-13 15:11:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thx..NRToR. Imagine a Virtual "Nielefest" with Sam as Emcee
by dillon77  (2020-05-11 11:47:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...a role that she would come by second nature.

So, as of the ND world as we know it, virtually anyone can be zoomed, save for Olivia and Sonia, in some capacity.

Fully expect Niele and co. to maximize this.

Let's see what the summer brings....

p.s. I'll translate to the report...thanks again.

This gets me excited
by GriffinGold16  (2020-05-11 00:07:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm by no means expecting another 2021 commit and I'm quite satisfied with Citron and Miles. But, I bet Niele is chomping at the bit to participate in some long-game recruiting again. Hopefully she and Mabrey can team up and get after it.

Actually, that reminds me, maybe Ivey will "solidify" her coaching staff at some point this week, too!

Thanks.
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-10 23:19:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some strange times…
- Group video calls with multiple uncommitted prospects at once will be allowed.
but…
Uncommitted prospects can observe, but not participate in, a team practice activity one time only.

So group video calls can tell the uncommitted recruit to work out multiple times but can only show them once? Good luck sorting this out.

Thank you for the update on the adjusted rules. I wonder if
by MPG  (2020-05-10 13:21:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the NCAA will allow official visits to campus by prospects during June or perhaps July? I doubt that visits to the homes of prospects will be allowed until the fall at the earliest.

I'll bet that Niele will be ready to take advantage of the new opportunities beginning on Monday!

Problem with visits - a lot of fear of flying right now
by NDoggie78  (2020-05-11 09:06:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So I'm guessing if visits are allowed sometime this summer, most would visit by car. If so, distance becomes a factor

The odd thing about flying right now is that with the low
by MPG  (2020-05-11 10:05:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

number of passengers being reported for most flights and no middle seats being sold, it is probably quite safe to be flying. However, as you note the fear factor is a barrier for many, so driving would be the most likely way of traveling for a campus visit.

On the visits question, I forgot one thing.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2020-05-10 13:53:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s not final yet, but the dead period will likely be extended to June 30, meaning no on- or off-campus visits for another month. I expect that announcement to be made Wednesday or Thursday once official.