DARA MABREY JUST COMMITED!!!!
by BRIANANTT (2020-06-11 19:50:21)

I AM SHOCKED!

Mabreys and ND go together like...
by FtWorthIrish  (2020-06-12 16:39:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

insert your culinary cliche of choice here.

PB & J *
by NDWBBFAN2020  (2020-06-13 11:50:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mustard and ham *
by drmurray  (2020-06-13 10:54:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato (There are 3 Mabreys Now!) * *
by dillon77  (2020-06-13 07:17:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This *
by 1NDGal  (2020-06-14 14:19:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Capt.Morg. & 7up *
by Jon  (2020-06-12 20:18:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hummus and Pita *
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-06-12 20:00:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This could be your alter-ego poster's handle! *
by MPG  (2020-06-13 13:54:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great stuff! *
by BTFNDGUY  (2020-06-12 12:24:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah buddy! Love it *
by Jon  (2020-06-12 08:23:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This brings the projected roster for 21-22 to 14 with enough
by MPG  (2020-06-11 22:52:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

guards to cover several shifts at Buckingham Palace. This is a surprise now, but I thought Dara should have been coming to ND as part of the freshman class two years ago.

Guessing
by irishdds  (2020-06-11 21:45:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

........Fudd is headed elsewhere otherwise no need for this. Oh well. Was hoping for a home run

Fudd my go elsewhere but this wouldn't be the reason.
by ndbutch  (2020-06-12 14:58:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's essentially taking the spot Nixon would have had if she had stayed. I don't know if she'll be successful but I'd expect her to petition for eligibility this season. In today's transfer world that probably depends on how willing Va. Tech is to assist her. It's going to be PG by committee until Miles gets to ND. Mabrey can help with that and other things. Abby P with a deeper shot.

As for the theory posted here somewhere that N. Ivy wanted her all along and was somehow overruled by Muffett we'll chalk that up to the new coach effect. ND went from Jenna Brown to Shake Nixon. They were clearly looking for a "pure" PG with quick's. And Dara Mabrey said in an interview that ND would have taken her but told her she wasn't their first choice at PG. She could have come. But like any real competitor opted to go where she was the top choice.

Wow *
by drmurray  (2020-06-12 07:18:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some people...
by Orangutan  (2020-06-11 22:12:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...can find the cloud in every silver lining.

Apologize, didn’t mean to be so glum *
by irishdds  (2020-06-12 07:39:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Awesome news. Welcome Home Dara! *
by hibernianangst  (2020-06-11 21:31:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Amazing!!! She is a winner!!
by goirish01  (2020-06-11 21:09:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her toughness and drive will be invaluable to this team. We need more hard-nosed, gritty players like her and Abby!

AMEN *
by ram  (2020-06-12 17:31:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is the correct answer! Welcome Dara! Go Irish! *
by drmurray  (2020-06-12 07:15:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree with you *
by Mike  (2020-06-11 21:17:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Stunning news
by RISteve  (2020-06-11 20:39:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really thought she would land at ND when she entered the portal. Once Miles, Cintron etc. committed and the one time transfer rule failed, I thought no way.
I wonder if NI wanted her all along and MM did not?

Scrappy, tough, shooter, fearless. Pencil her in!

Fantastic! *
by Murcer68  (2020-06-11 20:18:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just so pleased she will graduate from Notre Dame! *
by BeatPS0607  (2020-06-11 20:11:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She will help immediately
by Kayo  (2020-06-11 20:06:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Assuming she is ineligible for 2020-21, she's still going to be good to have in practice... experienced, tough, and a good basketball player who will push the other guards.

She is a leader and will give it everything she has
by NDWBBFAN2020  (2020-06-11 21:19:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

100 percent of the time. I can guarantee you Coach Mike will push her to her limits and beyond. Makes you wonder if she would have transferred here still if Michaela never became an assistant coach? When we play Virginia Tech it will be interesting to watch. Dara is definitely an impact player and in more ways than one. I think many of us saw this coming when she announced she was transferring, but it seemed like for a while it might not happen. Glad it did!

I wonder how much playing time she'll get
by GriffinGold16  (2020-06-11 20:06:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doesn't she want to be a PG? So where does she fall on the depth chart at that position, gotta be behind Miles and I would assume behind Gilbert and maybe even Hayes as well.

My Guess and Hope She Will Apply For A Waiver
by hempfield75  (2020-06-11 22:45:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and hopefully it will be granted. If so, Dara and Gilbert would be PGs for 1
year. Gilbert and Hayes for 1 year before Olivia reports. I do not believe
this has anything to do with AF. This maybe the extra body saved since we
did not get the post we were looking to land. Still hanging in their for
AF.

SEG/Chief

If we have learned nothing else the last few years
by Kayo  (2020-06-11 20:33:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have learned that there can't be too many good players on the roster because injuries and transfers happen too often.

Dara Mabrey won't see the 32.5 minutes per game she logged last season if every guard on the roster and every guard who has committed is on the roster and healthy for her final two years of eligibility. I hope that's what happens, but the odds aren't good.

Plus -- a 4th year player in Y2 at ND may be better than a
by btd  (2020-06-12 18:59:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

freshman 5 star all world guard is their first season. I wouldn't be shocked to see her play more her first year than her final year of eligibility because of that. Either way, you are spot on.

On top of it all, it is always good to have another shooter to turn to every night. People have off nights. When you only have 2 or 3 outside shooters, you need them to be hot nearly every single night. When you throw a 4th or 5th one into the mix, you only need 40% of them to be hot any given night and lookout of 3 or 4 of them get hot.

We also burned through 3 PG in one season before - transfer, two season ending injuries -- so it is great to have a spare PG that has 2 years of starting experience in the ACC.

I wonder how much playing time she'll get
by GriffinGold16  (2020-06-11 20:05:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doesn't she want to be a PG? So where does she fall on the depth chart at that position, gotta be behind Miles and I would assume behind Gilbert and maybe even Hayes as well.

How awesome is that. *
by 1NDGal  (2020-06-11 20:04:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post