Nice shot at the coaches and teammates
by NDLAW88 (2020-07-08 10:10:06)

In reply to: Update Article on Danielle Patterson. I will be interested  posted by MPG

I want a family atmosphere.

That is a trite comment used by many transfers. How about
by MPG  (2020-07-08 10:20:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the "working toward a common goal" comment? As if her two ND teams didn't work toward a common goal...

Their common goal needed to be Danielle playing wing
by goirish01  (2020-07-08 13:20:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rather than power forward.

Well thought 👍
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-07-08 14:42:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also wish her well. She was a favorite.

Here is the humorous part of the comment (…remember, humor):
As to the "family atmosphere" statement, has there ever been a recruit who hasn't said she's looking for a "family atmosphere"? Just once, wouldn't it be different to have a recruit say, "I grew up in a dysfunctional family. I'm not looking for a school with a family atmosphere."

Best of Luck to her
by RISteve  (2020-07-08 13:39:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She certainly has the athleticism to compete at high D1. Sounds like she is on the road to full health. I will keep an eye on those stats (now two IU players to follow)

I Also Wish Here The Best. I Can Root For Her Since ND
by hempfield75  (2020-07-08 18:51:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does not play IU. She also was a favorite of mine and rooted for her
every time she got on the court. I was looking for her receiving more
playing time or even starting her junior year. Oh well, her decision
to leave and hope everything works out for her. Even hope she gets
IU player of the year.

SEG/Chief

How about
by NDLAW88  (2020-07-08 11:44:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I need to be more decisive on the court and in my life and realize my full potential

I wish her well.
by Dennis  (2020-07-08 12:03:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't see her trashing anybody. She's looking out for herself which is what she needs to do. Perhaps ND wasn't a good fit but hopefully IU will work better for her. Sounds like she found the major she likes best and that should help her to be successful in the future.

I don't wish her ill
by NDLAW88  (2020-07-08 12:10:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I understand she wasn't happy and that's a shame - and not at all atypical for any college student. But the "family" drive-by comment was unnecessary amd disappointing.

I don't wish her ill, - but hope they lose every game
by NDoggie78  (2020-07-08 14:44:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her leaving left ND in a lurch this past year - let her experience that feeling like the team she abandoned. Yes I am vindictive and admit it.

There are many reasons for transferring - and I don't know hers (she was likely penciled in as a starter at ND) - but sometimes there are great benefits to sticking it out and working through adversity.

And not to disparage a IU education, but a ND degree likely carries more weight. This is especially important if basketball is not likely your future occupation.

Please allow me to make an addition.
by hibernianangst  (2020-07-08 16:15:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would apply your exact thoughts to Jordan Nixon. I hope Texas A&M loses every game.

I admire taking a firm stand on transfers,
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-07-08 21:07:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I assume the statements about not wishing her ill were meant to be taken with a spoonful of humor. Wishing that a basketball player loses every game is as ill as it gets. We’re drowning in gobbledegook.
Language is so precious.

Rephrasing: Hope she is well, injury free, Covid free
by NDoggie78  (2020-07-09 09:23:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And yes, "losing every game" is a little facetious. BUT her leaving did result in ND losing more games (lacking bodies, lacking height, lacking a probable starter) so in the "turn around is fair play" department, she should get to experience what that is like.

I'm hoping there is some downside in the musical chairs transfers.

Agree with, and thinking about, your last sentence. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-07-09 09:34:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post