Here is the press release. I don't think their endowment
by MPG (2020-07-08 13:44:45)

In reply to: Stanford eliminates 11 of 36 varsity sports. Just crazy.  posted by RISteve

supports any of those sports. Endowment earnings are meant to spent on areas specified by the donor such as the Karen and Kevin Keyes endowment for the NDWBB head coach position.

Once again, men's wrestling is sacrificed on the sacrificial
by BIG MAC  (2020-07-08 17:54:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Altar of Title IX compliance.

I Remember When ND dropped Wrestling. The Year They
by hempfield75  (2020-07-08 18:53:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

dropped the program. They finished in the top 25. Every year I have hope
they will reinstate the program. I will never give up hope for it to
happen.

SEG/Chief

Neighbor was a Monogram Club wrestler.
by T-Bone  (2020-07-09 10:48:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still gets football tix via MC.

If I had to choose between the entirety of women's
by Murcer68  (2020-07-08 18:27:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sports (which would not exist today as we know it without Title IX) or men's wrestling, I'd choose women's sports.

I wouldn't really want to choose
by BIG MAC  (2020-07-09 12:31:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I don't like to see a situation where an important sport like wrestling is simply dropped. BTW Our men's Olympic Team has trended down. I think part of the answer might be to try to make at least some women's sports more profitable and self sufficient. I think ND is there in basketball and possibly could be there in soccer and lacrosse.

Translation? *
by T-Bone  (2020-07-09 10:50:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post