Lunch Break Update
by BabaGhanouj (2021-08-23 12:30:36)
Edited on 2021-08-23 16:10:23

In reply to: New Season, New Poll  posted by BabaGhanouj

As the students return, so hopefully will the Bench. The votes are flooding in with over 50 so far. I thought I would share a few of the comments.
My favorite is the most enigmatic. I have no idea what it means:

“This is not "Rock's House" with a round ball. Learn the sport and nuances of the program before shooting first and learning later. Go buy a Big Mac and study the posts until the team can score enough to get you a free one.”
I want to make McGraw’s Bench new motto, “This is not ‘Rock’s House’ with a round ball.”

Another quote that caught my eye, under McGraw Bench improvements:
“Boneyard is the gold standard”
As much as I hate to admit it, that is so true. If you want to have 10k views of your post, there’s only one place to go. I’m not a member and will probably never be, but if you don’t browse the Boneyard every once in a while, you’re missing out on some interesting WBB stuff. We don’t have to be the biggest, but I’d still like the Bench the be the best. Obviously, a lot depends on the team’s accomplishments.

However, one person reported, “People are more civil & tolerant than the Boneyard. I like it as it is.” That could be true, but we also have more people vote to be “More intolerance of fans from other teams” than voting for “tolerance” Personally, [Edit: That changed "Less intolerance" is beating "More Intolerance" 11-4 (why didn't I say "tolerance" to avoid a double negative?] I think UConn’s site and reputation reflects more tolerance of other team’s fans than ND’s. But what do I know?

One person said, also under Bench improvements, “Less bandwagon negativity. The Alli Campbell obsession last year was ridiculous. Let's be more original and thoughtful in our comments and not just be a bunch of sheep.”
While another said, “Neil should always be reminded of her lack of communication with Allli Campbell”

Along with that, interestingly, a sizable chuck, 10 at the moment checked “More controversy and arguments” (4 checked “Less controversy and arguments). Personally, I’m not opposed to controversy, but “This is not ‘Rock’s House with a round ball.” 😀

I have to add that a number of posts were summed up with this one, “Play basketball and forget about social crusades.”

Another comment, “#FreeDotem”

Here’s a wishful, but imaginative thinker, “Possibility of making it an App?”

There are a lot more really good comments and votes, which I will keep reporting. I just had a thought that, perhaps, eventually I can gather all the answers together on one big file. Many, many are excellent!

Replies: