Congrats to City
by HTownND (2017-12-10 15:37:01)

All that’s left is how much they will win by.

Thumping Spurs, City is very very good *
by spade  (2017-12-16 14:00:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They really are a step above everyone else
by tcfc  (2017-12-11 09:55:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was sad to see United reduced to repeatedly hitting long balls yesterday. The game might have been a little more interesting if Pogba hadn't lost his mind last week and if Lukaku had any quality at all.

Oh well, we'll still have Klopp's meltdowns to keep things interesting.

They got lucky.
by tex29  (2017-12-10 21:24:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least that’s what every manager says each time City wins. But most don’t march into City’s dressing room to start a brawl.

As much as I hate Arsene Wenger, he had the best quote of the week about City. When asked who can stop City, he said: “Shakhtar Donetsk.”

There’s still a lot of football left to be played. City had a pretty big lead to start last season, too. I wouldn’t bet against them, but it isn’t over yet. Especially if all their defenders keep getting injured.

I do like that Wenger quote, cheeky *
by spade  (2017-12-12 11:33:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here is where I am at
by HTownND  (2017-12-12 09:06:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chelsea has played 16 matches and has 32 points. 2 points per match is a pretty good number, and they are already 12 points adrift.

Moreover, City has played Man U and Chelsea already and showed that they are better on the pitch.

City isn’t fattening up on the bottom of the table. They have played the other contenders and won.

Sure there is a lot of football, but the only thing that will slow them is a rash of injuries. This isn’t a reverse jinx either, I’m just really impressed watching them. They truly are a step above everyone else.

I don’t disagree. This team seems better equipped than last
by tex29  (2017-12-12 17:25:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

year’s team. But I’ve just seen too many City collapses to call the race at this point. I think it would take either an incredible stretch of good performances from another title contender or an incredible stretch of bad performances from City. But it’s certainly possible. My main concern is defensive injuries. City is currently without Mendy, Kompany, and Stones. If City picks up another left back and center back during the January window, I think it will be very difficult for teams to catch them.

I think that's a very fair take
by HTownND  (2017-12-13 10:45:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Conte's rant was spot on yesterday.

In Chelsea's last nine PL matches, they are 7-1-1 and have taken 22 out of 27 points. That's 25% of the season.

They lost ground over that time to City.

When you are taking 81% of the possible points (that's a pace that would get your 93 points in the PL season, and the same total of points Chelsea won with last year) and you lose ground, sometimes, you just have to tip your cap.

Certainly looks finished
by wcnitz  (2017-12-10 20:01:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What also looks finished is Kompany's career :( Sad to see his decline continue.

Lukaku had an atrocious game. Continues to no-show the big matches.