The Giallorossi will need another miracle today.
by voidoid (2018-05-02 13:50:48)

Not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice.

It's going to be a great final.
by skip encarnacion  (2018-05-02 17:31:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I find both of these teams very entertaining to watch.

If the front 3 for Liverpool hold form
by wcnitz  (2018-05-02 21:38:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Madrid won't be able to keep up.

This is a bit naive.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-03 10:28:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Liverpool had Klavan and Solanke coming off the bench for their most important match in a decade. Madrid had Bale, Nacho and Casemiro.

The reason why Liverpool are so fragile at the end of games is because their forwards (mostly Mane and Firmino, but Salah doesn't slack) put in a tremendous amount of work to help defend the middle and even their own end. Injuries to Lallana, Can and Ox have made them incredibly fragile. Especially Ox. The flexibility of him and Milner essentially gave them a 12th starter at forward/mid.

Trent did a nice job with a young, but talented Sane. But you put in vets like Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema, and there's going to be trouble. Lots of it.

I just hope everyone left can stay healthy. It should be incredibly, incredibly entertaining.

Firmino works harder than Salah and Mane
by wcnitz  (2018-05-03 13:29:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll fight you on that one!

Water is wet.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-03 14:31:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure what gave you the impression that I thought otherwise. Firmino is not human.

I simply said that Salah doesn't work as much as the other two.

I misread the line
by wcnitz  (2018-05-03 14:43:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My bad.

I'll fight you anyway, if you want.

You've always been a prick.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-03 16:18:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

haha

I've always thought that Markovic could be a good player and that he deserved a real shot...if for nothing else to make him marketable. I don't think I've ever had anyone agree with me on that one.

Are those fighting words?

I hope you two fight like soccer players
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-03 18:43:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so nobody gets hurt.

handbags at 20 paces, as always *
by wcnitz  (2018-05-04 14:47:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just belly laughed for 20 seconds solid.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-04 18:38:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fantastic. And yes I WILL be using that going forward!

I think there’s an outside chance Can or Lallana can play
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-05-03 11:49:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the final. But I wouldn’t want either to have their first run in months come in a game like that. Maybe for extra time or a very very late sub.

No thanks, Can.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-03 12:01:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He made his decision to go to Juve. He can try and get his UCL final runout with them.

If Lallana were to be healthy, I'd have no issue with him coming in as a second half sub. Liverpool have lacked bodies that can control the ball and put in a late shift. And that's exactly what Lallana is/does.

Which team does a better job flipping from defending
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-05-02 23:00:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To transition attack will be the deciding factor in my opinion.

Which team will attack and posses more...
by iudomer  (2018-05-03 08:35:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is my question. Both teams like to sit back and counter.

Pool running at Toni Kroos and Ramos with Marcelo/Carvajal up in the final third might be the winner.

Then again, Pool's midfield is less than stellar. Should be an entertaining match.

Liverpool need to get through the last two league games.
by NDBass  (2018-05-03 10:21:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they can do that injury free, and hopefully worry free, their chances will be better. A big concern with the midfield is falling behind and/or needing to change tactics during the match. The lack of available options limits what they can do. Hopefully they'll just score 5 or 6 and it won't matter.

Things should get interesting.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-03 10:59:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You'd have to make Chelsea the favorites this weekend with Liverpool coming off such an emotional high and intense match.

That would mean that they have to play for 3 points in their last match against Brighton. Sure, it's a match they should win, but they won't have the luxury to rest players. On the other hand, a draw against Chelsea should seal the deal.

Meanwhile, the only options to rotate at midfield appear to be Moreno, Trent and Woodburn - none of which (save Trent) do I see Klopp willing to play against Chelsea.

Then of course there is Salah's chase for the Golden Boot.

Liverpool likely have two matches that they will be playing to win. And only Lovren and Trent are positions in which there wouldn't be a massive drop if either picked up even a short term injury! Yikes.

I just had a crazy thought. Liverpool could actually be playing the UCL final for their spot in next season's champion's league!

I expect 5-6 goals
by mitquinn  (2018-05-02 19:26:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

May the good Lord be generous with red cards on Ramos.

They won’t get the calls. Never do. *
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-05-02 19:28:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This Liverpool team has been a boost to the competition.
by skip encarnacion  (2018-05-02 20:24:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not that UCL was going totally stale but the main challengers (among many) to Madrid/Barca have been Atletico and Juve--great teams but not exhilarating stuff like Liverpool.

I expect them to be fine.

I am stoked for it. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 17:44:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I started making butt diamonds around 9:00 this morning.
by NDBass  (2018-05-02 14:36:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no clue how athletes deal with the pressure.

I was fine until 10 minutes ago.
by IrishCavan  (2018-05-02 14:44:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just made myself a bloody mary -- medicinal purposes.

Spoiler
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 14:56:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You gotta love shitty turnovers!

You've gotta be shitting me - Part Deux *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 15:01:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ref has a screw up now - Part Deux. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 16:16:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How those buttholes holdin up, fellas? *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 15:12:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Spoiler
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 16:38:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chicken Kiev for all my friends!!!

Lookin' like
by voidoid  (2018-05-02 15:27:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the negronis I drink tonight will be negronis of profound sadness.

Just remember
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 15:30:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are delicious cocktails.

I think we can all agree
by voidoid  (2018-05-02 16:27:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that nobody wants good things to happen to Zinedine Zidane.

Those are fantastic. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 16:57:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Klopp from the Kopp has one job.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-05-02 14:21:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Boot to the throat.

They ain't gittin it! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-02 14:10:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post