This is a bit naive.
by NDMike2001 (2018-05-03 10:28:13)

In reply to: If the front 3 for Liverpool hold form  posted by wcnitz

Liverpool had Klavan and Solanke coming off the bench for their most important match in a decade. Madrid had Bale, Nacho and Casemiro.

The reason why Liverpool are so fragile at the end of games is because their forwards (mostly Mane and Firmino, but Salah doesn't slack) put in a tremendous amount of work to help defend the middle and even their own end. Injuries to Lallana, Can and Ox have made them incredibly fragile. Especially Ox. The flexibility of him and Milner essentially gave them a 12th starter at forward/mid.

Trent did a nice job with a young, but talented Sane. But you put in vets like Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema, and there's going to be trouble. Lots of it.

I just hope everyone left can stay healthy. It should be incredibly, incredibly entertaining.

Firmino works harder than Salah and Mane
by wcnitz  (2018-05-03 13:29:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll fight you on that one!

Water is wet.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-03 14:31:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure what gave you the impression that I thought otherwise. Firmino is not human.

I simply said that Salah doesn't work as much as the other two.

I misread the line
by wcnitz  (2018-05-03 14:43:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My bad.

I'll fight you anyway, if you want.

You've always been a prick.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-03 16:18:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

haha

I've always thought that Markovic could be a good player and that he deserved a real shot...if for nothing else to make him marketable. I don't think I've ever had anyone agree with me on that one.

Are those fighting words?

I hope you two fight like soccer players
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-03 18:43:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so nobody gets hurt.

handbags at 20 paces, as always *
by wcnitz  (2018-05-04 14:47:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just belly laughed for 20 seconds solid.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-04 18:38:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fantastic. And yes I WILL be using that going forward!

I think there’s an outside chance Can or Lallana can play
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-05-03 11:49:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the final. But I wouldn’t want either to have their first run in months come in a game like that. Maybe for extra time or a very very late sub.

No thanks, Can.
by NDMike2001  (2018-05-03 12:01:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He made his decision to go to Juve. He can try and get his UCL final runout with them.

If Lallana were to be healthy, I'd have no issue with him coming in as a second half sub. Liverpool have lacked bodies that can control the ball and put in a late shift. And that's exactly what Lallana is/does.